Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ben from Vic.
    But your not even a real Qld'er.

(Location says Newcastle)

Sorry to hear 'bout the shed Darryl, hope the bench wasn't to badly marked.

Ben.
    Them's fightin' words boy! :mad: Born and bred there for the first 17 years of my life. I'm not changing allegiance now! Heading back there to live next year and can't wait!

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

The land of the 10 minute sunset..............wow!
    I went there once, ye Gods it's good to be home complete with my 3 acre lake that I didn't have three weeks ago :mad:
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Iain, If you've lost 3 acres maybe your rates will go down??

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

dont be silly Sqizz now hes up for water catchment rates evaporation levy and be fined for inundating pastrol land and then they will charge him for the bit the horses drink
    Pete ( who wishes he had the lake)
    What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
    Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dion N
    " Us Qld'ers have two words for you Mexicans - Brisbane Lions"

So I wonder if theyre gunna be the footy druggies like they were last year when most of the team was on painkillers. Any other sport woulda rubbed the lot out.

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna
    So I wonder if theyre gunna be the footy druggies like they were last year when most of the team was on painkillers. Any other sport woulda rubbed the lot out.
    From what I see the biggest pains are the whinging Victorians 'cos they are sooo surprised that people in other states can play their silly game!!

(Sorry about the Storm though )
    Cheers

P

As far as Footy goes (AFL that is). I want to live long enough to watch Hobart play Darwin in Birdsville for the Finals. 'Cause that is where it belongs.

I don't follow any code. Brisbane Lions? Been to Qld and lived in Kuranda once. Not at a commune either. Can't recall seeing any lions or tigers.

Lots of tourists that can't swim at the beaches because most plants and animals up there semm to want to maim or kill you.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Thankyou , who happens to know that I am opposed to blood sports, hence I do not follow foo ball
    And Pete, bring a bucket, you are most welcome, not enough then too bloody much.....sqizz, just got our rates notice, up 30% on last year plus a $100 levy because our coucillours are such dedicated W(or)(an)KERS. You Choose.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by vsquizz
    Iain, If you've lost 3 acres maybe your rates will go down?? Cheers
    Got a friend who owns a 50 acre farm, one day (recently) he decided to ring the powers that be and inquire about the fees they now ask from people who have dams on their property.

Just a bit of a 'testing the waters' type phone call, he didn't give them his name, thought he'd attempt to do the right thing.

When asked about the fee, the fellow on the other end of the phone replied that they would first send someone out to have a look at the dam to see if it was OK for them to have it, then if the dam was acceptable they would workout a figure from there!

My friend replies 'excuse me? the dam has been there for 60 years, who do you think you are.....?'

Fellow on the other end of the phone starts on with his 'We have to check if the dam is up to our environmental standards.....'

At which point my mate hangs up.

So, you can't win, they even charge you for catching your own water. :mad:

Heard a great one about the greens recently... they are just like a Water melon, green on the outside, and red (like communists) on the inside.

More to follow if this gets past the real leaders of this country.

Ben.

How the hell did a thread about a flooded workshop turn into a football discussion and a state vs state slanging match???

If anyone's still interested, The Bench is fine - and I got laughed at for putting three coats of Danish oil + wax on the frame Only damage is a bit to a couple of the other benches - no big deal, thankfully.
    The Australian Woodworkers Database - over 3,500 Aussie Woods listed: http://www.aussiewoods.info/
    My Site: http://www.aussiewoods.info/darryl/

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylF
    How the hell did a thread about a flooded workshop turn into a football discussion and a state vs state slanging match???

If anyone's still interested, The Bench is fine - and I got laughed at for putting three coats of Danish oil + wax on the frame Only damage is a bit to a couple of the other benches - no big deal, thankfully.
    Velly easy on this board. I would be more surprised if a thread stayed on the topic started. :eek:

Glad about the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by
    As far as Footy goes (AFL that is). I want to live long enough to watch Hobart play Darwin in Birdsville for the Finals. 'Cause that is where it belongs.

I don't follow any code. Brisbane Lions? Been to Qld and lived in Kuranda once. Not at a commune either. Can't recall seeing any lions or tigers.

Lots of tourists that can't swim at the beaches because most plants and animals up there semm to want to maim or kill you.
    If I may at this juncture express somewhat similar sentiments, except of course to say that the plants and animals obviously feel the same way about tourists as the residents!

As for the football... I reckon it's the best thing since sliced bread (any code the game is stupid,)... but you only have to say one team is better than all the rest, and you will really upset half of the population of NSW and Qld, and about 90% of the population of Victoria. (Don't know about the rest of the country, they seem more interested in motor racing, but that's another thread!)

Cheers,
    P (who makes his living producing more and more accommodation for tourists to live in, so that football teams have somewhere to go at the end of every season.)

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylF

Glad to hear the bench is fine too! (Will note the Danish oil and wax for the frame just in case!

As for slanging??? is that best done by hand with a micro-sharp wit, or is a less expensive machine more appropriate for cheap shots?

Cheers,

P

Sorry to hear about your shed Daryl, hope everything stays in working order for you.

We got the rain but the hail appeared to have avoided the Ourimbah area, a posty mate of mine said there was thick layers of hail still on the ground at 2pm at Forresters Beach
    Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

What's rain :confused: Don't get none of that stuff near our place
    Plausible deniability is the key to success