Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Yep, Ya caught me out Anthony. I'll go take my meds now. Just ignore me.

As Sigue Sigue Sputnik said "Flaunt It!"

Now I understand your plan for the loaner Domino, you just wanted a pair of Dominos as well.

Hey PTM, will your manual release coincide with the US Domino release date? If it is anything like the others we have seen come out of NA, it will be a great advantage for Domino users.

Anthony,
    I am hoping to have the new manual ready by April, but I have no control on how long it takes to go through Festool for their legal review. I should have had the manual finished months ago, but I have been putting it off.

Rocker and Flowboy,
    You do make some valid points for making custom dominos. It might even be a good idea to describe how to use Domino to make some faux through tenons for appearance only.

Regarding the small frame guide, what about this gave you problems? I've only used it once to mortise a chair's stretcher, so I wouldn't have noticed any problems in alignment. I think I have some ideas how to make this more effective, but I would like to hear your impressions. (I also need to come up with a good name for it too.)

Two Dominos is excessive. Three Dominos is rediculous. I didn't order them, they were just sent to me.

That IS ridicullous! Better send me one!
    Cheers,

Bob

Hey Bob,

I've got an idea! Offer to buy a Domino from PTM at the price he paid plus postage and handling. You're both members of this esteemed establishment and Herr Doktor Obermeister Festool needs agents in the field. Perhaps Patr could direct you to his canine outfitters for attire similar to Simou's.

Regards,

Rob

My father is trying the same tactics with me. It's that whole "I gave you life, you give me Domino routine." His chances are about as good as Bob's for prying one of these out of my fingers at the moment. I'll probably loan one of these to my dad in exchange for him loaning me one of the mini vacs. I have only the CT22 and would like to get one of the smaller ones for quick and dirty work around the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertoolman View Post

Speaking of which, now that I can ask this publicly, I would be interested in anyone's ideas for content for the manual.

This is the reason why I first logged into this forum several months ago.
    PTM, i trust you will give U-Beaut Forum some form of acknowledgement in the back of the manual for our assistance in helping you with content ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Flowboy View Post
    Hey Bob,

.... and Herr Doktor Obermeister Festool needs agents in the field.

Regards,

Rob
    Bob's High-Altitude Domino Proving Ground... perhaps not...:confused:

Bob's Advanced US Domino Beta Site - yep - nice ring to it.

I have heard from sources that I cannot reveal, that Rumsfeld Enterprises will be selling several million Dominoes (at a cost of US$5000/unit and extra for dominoes) to the US Army to be used as standard issue to all front line troops. Three will be issued to each soldier, two in holsters for use in each hand, the third for storage and use somewhere else on their person, though no further details were forthcoming.
    Apparently the idea is that after a bombing raid or assault on a suspect dwelling, the troops can rapidly repair any misguided destruction thus reducing any "collateral damage" that may have occured. The "See? it never happened" response.
    "It's a master stroke of military strategy" said my source.

Christmas Fishes,

Rob

I hope you two Galahs are having fun! No wonder I can't get a Domi, the military are gettin' 'em (good price, too).
    Cheers,

Bob

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this observation, but here goes.
    Just come from the SMC forum, where a poster had referred to a (dowel) joining system he had seen, but whose name he couldn't recall. I continued down the thread expecting him to be supplied with the information "Festool Domino". While that did happen, the first (dowel) attribution was in fact "Hoffman Dowelling System". It was a product that I have never seen any reference to in any discussion of the Domino. Comparisons between the two products and their mode of operation and outcomes may be of interest.
    I should say, and this might be very obvious, that while I have seen and held a Domino, I have no knowledge of the Hoffman, also no affiliation with either company.
    Regards
    Last edited by manso; 20th December 2006 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity

Earth to PTM,

I'm assuming you're flat out like the proverbial lizard drinking, or out of reach of the web.
    I'd like to add to Lignum's question about acknowledgment. As you are probably aware, Oz accounts for somewhere between 1-2% of Festo's market and thus, even going through TT, we are often ignored.In view of the fact that we have contibuted quite a lot to your manual and that you are still asking us effectively to proof read it, a recommendation from you as to the the source material would help our cause of adding functionality to the Domino considerably. You would be in a position to demonstrate the amount of input Australia and New Zealand have had to the US manual, directly to Festool.
    I have to say that in my case, I would be sad to see no recognition at all. I come from a Research Science background and in that field, failure to acknowledge contibution to a project, particlarly a paper, is tantamount to professional suicide or worse.
    I know you are a good man, so I look forward to a positive response.

Christmas Fishes

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Flowboy View Post
    I have to say that in my case, I would be sad to see no recognition at all. I come from a Research Science background and in that field, failure to acknowledge contibution to a project, particlarly a paper, is tantamount to professional suicide or worse.
    I know you are a good man, so I look forward to a positive response.
    Actually, Rick is a good guy, so far as I know. I'm sure he'll do the right thing. And if not, well, I'm always about as a gadfly, mate. I was a professional writer for 20 years (both business and historical subjects), so I know how important this recognition is.
    Cheers,

Bob

Hey Bob - did you ever come accross a guy called Rob Lipscombe?
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

Quote Originally Posted by TassieKiwi View Post
    Hey Bob - did you ever come accross a guy called Rob Lipscombe?
    Actually, the name is familiar. What's his racket?
    Cheers,

Bob