Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Top Gear

Post Thanks / Like

It was so cloned there wasa more life in dolly the sheep - can yer spot who theyre supposed to be.

clean shaven cox - jezza clarkeson
    young bearded guy - Richard 'dicky' hammond
    moustache guy - James 'they call me mr slow' may

Please SBS bring back the BBC original, even with repeats I p ss myself laughing,
    wife had to call me a doctor last night as there was not even a chiuckle, maybe it would have being more entertaining to put all 3 in the moke with no cage and then feed em to the sharks or the critics depending on who's got more teeth.

I may be an ex pom but I still love the aussie sense of humour, but that show was dire.

David

Post Thanks / Like

Keep Warren and get rid of the other two.
    Put a Woman in. that would take them away from the
    original Top Gear.
    I thought it was Rubish
    p.t.c

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmh, I think it going to take some time to warm to these three presenters!
    Looking forward to some serious comparisons between cars that are available here in Oz.
    Zelk

Post Thanks / Like

My first reaction last night was RUBBISH. Now that I've thought about it overnight I still think it is crap, but perhaps fixable.

I think they made a big mistake in telling us it wasn't going to be a copy of the UK show. Apparently, though, when you buy the rights to the product you have to produce it in a certain style ... thus, it looks the same. I think we'll have to live with that.

Here's a short list of suggested things to fix:

1. The test track. I've got no idea what it looks like. Either fix it with some decent camera angles, or perhaps show an overlay map in a corner of the screen showing the car's location.

2. TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT THE CARS. You drove three soft-roaders last night, and I've got no idea about their comparative merits. None of you told us ANYTHING about the cars.

3. The shark stunt was stupid. Make sure the CARS play the central role in the story.

4. Putting a woman in the show is a good idea. Get that girl from the Nurburgring ... Sabine??? ... anyway, get someone who is easy on the eye, quick-witted, and who can drive.

Any other suggestions?
    ... as long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation. (A.Hitler)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Dunn View Post

Here's a short list of suggested things to fix:

1. The test track. I've got no idea what it looks like. Either fix it with some decent camera angles, or perhaps show an overlay map in a corner of the screen showing the car's location.

They used to do that on the UK version but dropped it.

2. TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT THE CARS. You drove three soft-roaders last night, and I've got no idea about their comparative merits. None of you told us ANYTHING about the cars.

That's part of the TG formula, low technical details to avoid the anorak angle. Remember TG is a comedy program with cars, it's not a car program. If it was they'd need presenters who had a clue.

4. Putting a woman in the show is a good idea. Get that girl from the Nurburgring ... Sabine??? ... anyway, get someone who is easy on the eye, quick-witted, and who can drive.

Sounds like my lady friend

Any other suggestions?
    The reason this is on in leu of pommy TG is the season is limited. They don't produce 50 shows a year. That's why they have been showing re runs. They will bring it back once the aussie season has ended.
    I'm just a startled bunny in the headlights of life. L.J. Young.
    We live in a free country. We have freedom of choice. You can choose to agree with me, or you can choose to be wrong.
    Wait! No one told you your government was a sitcom?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Dunn View Post
    Any other suggestions?
    Bring back Peter Wherrett?

What p's me off about shows these days is everything seems to get done in 10 second grabs, scripted or not there's obviously a whole lot of footage sitting in the video editing bit bucket. Is this some sort of appeasement to the y-gen's who can't concentrate on a single thing for more than 10 seconds at a time and communicate only in sms's?

At least they didn't copy Border Security and dopple gang the video bites ten times to recap what you've just seen, just in case you missed it while eating your pizza and coke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzie View Post
    Bring back Peter Wherrett?

What p's me off about shows these days is everything seems to get done in 10 second grabs, scripted or not there's obviously a whole lot of footage sitting in the video editing bit bucket. Is this some sort of appeasement to the y-gen's who can't concentrate on a single thing for more than 10 seconds at a time and communicate only in sms's?

At least they didn't copy Border Security and dopple gang the video bites ten times to recap what you've just seen, just in case you missed it while eating your pizza and coke.
    I agree, they must appeal to the masses.
    Zelk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ptc View Post
    Keep Warren and get rid of the other two.
    Put a Woman in. that would take them away from the
    original Top Gear.
    I thought it was Rubish
    I like Warren. Who are the other two?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never as good as first

Bit like second cuppa tea or movie sequel, NEVER as good as the first! But good concept so lets nope they grow into the job and RELAX a little (cant say I have ever heard of any of them?? Surely there must have been some body known to the masses that can drive!!)
    cheers
    Bob
    "If I had 6 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 2 hours sharpening the axe"

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was crap. It totally bored me. The blonde haired guy thought he was all that and the scrawny runt with the scruffy beard seemed like he had been drinking red cordial all day.

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched it and was very disappointed
    They crammed so much into the show, lots of ideas but didn't have any explanation
    The maybach for example, if I didn't already know what it were then I still wouldn't
    They talked at 300miles an hour and used just about all of the Aussie slang words
    They were just trying too hard
    They need to slow down, do two or three really good segments rather than introduce every concept of the UK version (or the Aussie equivalent) in the first show
    I may watch another episode but if it is the same as this one then it will be the last.

Warrick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Top Gear scores top ratings

SYDNEY: Last night's launch of Top Gear Australia has scored SBS its highest ever audience for a locally produced program.

A total of 1.34 million viewers tuned in to watch the first episode of the eight-part series, giving SBS a prime time network share of 8.7% last night and winning the timeslot among people aged 16 to 54.

SBS director of television & online content Matt Campbell said the strong debut indicated significant growth potential for the show.

The Australian version debut even eclipsed average audience number for the most recent Top Gear UK series, on air from June to August this year, which averaged 893,000 viewers in the five mainland capital cities.

“Top Gear Australia is one of the most anticipated new shows of the year, and these results tell us Australians were ready for a local version of this fantastic show and they'll be back next week for more," said Campbell.

The program’s audience has a strong skew towards people in the highest income-earning group, OG1, with an index of 143, according to OzTAM figures.

The first nights ratings will mean it'll be back on for a second season, but it'll be interesting to see the ratings next Tuesday given the disappointment with its content and try hard.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

Post Thanks / Like

From The Age:

A second series of motoring TV show Top Gear Australia is already in the pipeline after its premiere won over audiences.
    About 933,000 viewers around the country watched the debut last night, giving SBS its highest ratings for a locally produced television program ever.
    SBS head of TV Matt Campbell admitted he was disappointed not to crack the one million mark, but was still happy with the figures, which were higher than any season premiere of the British original.
    "It was always going to be a tough call but to come in better than the UK series is quite an achievement," Campbell told AAP.
    A second series is now being planned, he said.
    "We're in discussions now. We'd like to roll on, obviously, from a production perspective," Campbell said.
    "It's been a big challenge. Series two will be a much better series. It always is because you learn so much in the first one."

Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read in the paper (not that I do!).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    That blond wanker has to be from Sydney for sure.
    Have you noticed he has the same hair as Leonard on ' Very Small Business'?
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
    Have you noticed he has the same hair as Leonard on ' Very Small Business'?
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au