Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Aangelique1611 View Post
    ps, if your kitchen cost in the 2-3k brakcket and you got your bathroom done also (totally digressing here) how much did that cost? i was budgeting in the 4-5 for kitchen ... if i can do it for much less i will be much closer to a bathroom reno now THATS exciting!

The total budget for the apartment was 7k - I do everything except plumb and elec.

bathroom total gut - new toilet / shower screen / taps / vanity / rails

Here are some more pics. B4 and after

Celeste

do you have trady qualifications? where did you learn to do all the stuff? the bathroom looks tops! (from what i can c) ... i have a total of just over 8k for my reno for which i want to paint (maybe 500-1k i estimate buy the time i buy brushes and drop sheets etc) do built ins (ikea will do for $1,500) so im left just under 7 ... so u ripped tiles off bathroom walls, re water proofed, retiled, got the plumber in to sort out connections in bathroom then put in hardward and connected up all on your own ? did u do any courses or have someone instructing you on what to do? ps. again, looks fantastic! bet you do alright on the resale!

do you have trady qualifications? where did you learn to do all the stuff? the bathroom looks tops! (from what i can c) ... i have a total of just over 8k for my reno for which i want to paint (maybe 500-1k i estimate buy the time i buy brushes and drop sheets etc) do built ins (ikea will do for $1,500) so im left just under 7 ... so u ripped tiles off bathroom walls, re water proofed, retiled, got the plumber in to sort out connections in bathroom then put in hardward and connected up all on your own ? did u do any courses or have someone instructing you on what to do? ps. again, looks fantastic! bet you do alright on the resale!
    1. the bench instead of dining table - the apartment block has a lot of oldies and it was ground floor. so I thought it would be better access for wheel chairs / walker frames etc. Oh and I thought it would look good - and I was limited because of the stupid door - it opened from the wall in, unlike next door which open the other way leaving the wall free to put cupboards etc.

2. No qualifications - just beleive I can do anything if I want (mum taught me this) read lots - love books, you can find anything in a book - tho internet has taken over a bit. You can find anything on the internet.

This is a great site for info.

My late hubby was an all round carpenter and we built our own house (all of it) man that was a lot of work - so he taught me lots. Mind there was still a bit to do when he died and I finished it. It took a while tho. had a little help with cornices (you can do these onyour own) and the plaster floats / arctraves/door frames and the solid jarrah capping on the kitchen/hanging doors - otherwise I did the rest.

You will find most tradies etc. will pass on info if you ask and the blokes down the tool shop we're great help with tools etc. and I find I get a trady in once and watch very carefully.

I will be doing this on the 2 duplex - get 1 front professionally reticed and do the rest myself. get the front and back doors hung and watch very carefully, so I can hang the other about 15 my self etc.

look/listen/learn.

drop me some photos and detailed plans - mark pwr /water etc and I will help you sort it all out - a photo of inside the sink cabinet so I can see the plumbing - and some photo of the bathroom.

Celeste

very cool! thanks so much for all your time and info ... yeah the guy at the tool shop as all "you can do it!" and i was a little scared of him hahaha but i had thought of having a shot at it myself ... scared it might look budget basement thats all. might do a tiling course before i attack the bathroom but might try to do the back splash myself as a trial run ...
    congrats again on such a great job! will be in touch

Do you windows go to the floor?
    Have you thought about a bench on wheels that can be moved aroud to where you need it? This would give you the extra bench space you NEED.

Call your local TAFE college, ask to be put through to the area that trains the cabinetmakers. Ask the teachers if they know of an apprentice that would be willing to and is able to do a kitchen for you. Some apprentices can do jobs on the side and would be a lot cheaper than a cabinetmaking business. They have the skills to do it too.

somewhere between 70 and 82 ... too low for dryer if under bench but fine if on wall.

Is this centimetres of millimetres? If it's cm, wack in a low set of narrow cupboards that you put some drawers into.