Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by GavinB View Post
    Hmm, yes. Those are called glue traps, and they've actually been banned in a few states.

That salesperson strikes me as a morally shallow individual. So is your mate I'm afraid. You said there were 23 mice stuck on one... and what did he (or you) do? Throw it into the bin while they are still alive? How very humane of you.

Considering the injuries animals get on these things while trying to escape, what a disgusting thing to do. They can't get off, so they will starve to death. I do not understand why people are perfectly willing to throw live mammals stuck on a board of super glue into the rubbish bin, as if they were merely objects. Put them out of their misery first, don't leave them to suffer like that.

Because really, that wasn't pest control, that was just cruelty. If you want to get rid of mice, use instant kill traps or cage traps, and find a quick and painless way of killing them.
    Hey if it was me i would have said it me mate.dont' get on your highhorse here.

Cheers Fred
    Cheers Fred

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with the light on.
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/fredsmi ... t_creative"

Updated 26 April 2010
    http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Quote Originally Posted by fenderbelly View Post
    Hey if it was me i would have said it me mate.dont' get on your highhorse here.

Cheers Fred
    It was really more directed to your friend.

Question help

Quote Originally Posted by Bob38S View Post
    Not aware of that type of multiple catch trap - the only old one I'm familiar with was actually an octogon / hexagon approx 50mm thick, where each side was an individual trap - bait was in the centre, mouse entered a hole triggering the trap - a metal "U" would come up from underneath trapping/killing the mouse. Don't have one nor seen one for many years hopefully someone else can help.

BTW the most effective bait for mice seems to be pumpkin seeds or peanuts. They attach firmly to the trigger and can't be stolen by a lucky mouse - they don't go "bad, gooey" and you can catch multiple mice on the one bait.
    I haven't seen one for over sixty years and I need pictures and info for an article I'm writing... did anyone resond to you?
    Last edited by ladyhawke; 18th January 2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: clarity

G'day Ladyhawke and welcome to the forums.

It appears that I'm the only one who remembers this type and unfortunately I don't have an example to photograph or describe so I'm only running on memory which tells me that they were very effective.

Regards,
    Bob

A ski lodge I stay in gets antechinus coming in. These are protected native 'mice' so we need a method of capture and release, and use something similar to this in design:

Welcome to Strawberryfield
    Cheers, Ern

Hen food attracts mice though hens are pretty good at killing them. It might turn you off your eggs though to see them spear a mouse with their beak and then eat the lot.
    Jim
    ps I still like eggs

Quote Originally Posted by rsser View Post
    A ski lodge I stay in gets antechinus coming in. These are protected native 'mice' so we need a method of capture and release, and use something similar to this in design:

Welcome to Strawberryfield
    You need an Elliot trap Ern.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Good one Alex; that's exactly what we use ... I couldn't find it with google.
    Cheers, Ern