Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

...Well,I finally found my original post,only with the aid of the History bar.Can someone show me how to get to "Woodies Stuff....Woodies events" without going that way.Also,how do you get into the Renervators bit? some message comes up saying that it doesn't recognise me...............AL
    If your not confused you dont know whats going on!

Hello Frank

I expect to be there to catch up with everyone again.

Regards
    Trevor Owen

Hows them jointer blades going Trev?

Nice hearing from you Trevor. We have now got most of last year's group and a few new ones, should be a good turn up.
    I am following in your footsteps as regards basic format, but we have another couple of weeks to fix the details. Any advice duly considered.

Hi Harry

Jointer blades going fine but have had a long rest for some time. They started to annoy the neighbours.
    As for the format Frank, my advice is do your own thing and everyone will just fit in.

Cheers
    Trevor

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorOwen View Post
    Hi Harry

Jointer blades going fine but have had a long rest for some time. They started to annoy the neighbours.
    As for the format Frank, my advice is do your own thing and everyone will just fit in.

Cheers
    Trevor
    Thanks Trevor. You can always store the jointer at my place, I have more understanding neighbours. You wouldn't have a noisy thicknesser also, by any chance?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Frank&Earnest View Post
    You wouldn't have a noisy thicknesser also, by any chance?
    As a matter of fact that was the machine that first got up their nose (or should I say in their ears). Have to be very selective about use from now on.

Regards
    Trevor

sorry frank,
    I have to go to a work function, boss has put the foot well and truely down.
    Boss is making me entertain guests at the show down.
    Apparently "it's not about football, it's about re-enforcing our corporate prescence and it would be good for me to network within the industry"

Honest truth: I HATE FOOTBALL, and would rather be having my left nut testing grit scale on a belt sander.

catch you next time.

Bricks.
    If you dont play it, it's not an instrument!

Sorry to hear that Bricks.
    If you feel that way, you may not be in the mood to entertain guests on the day, but I have to admit that your grit testing procedure would be really entertaining...

It is to be expected that over a couple of months a few people get spanners in the wheels. At this point we have:
    Trevor Owen
    Harry72
    Studley2436

Zenwood
    m2c1Iw
    Rat52
    Dangermouse
    China
    Coffenup
    Robutacion

Maybe
    Tonto
    Tankstand
    Woodbe
    Himzol

I have invited the Sculptors & Carvers and the Western Woodies, we will probably have another half a dozen people coming, I have asked them to RSVP by the 10th.

Could you maybecomers confirm by then also, please? Also, any latecomers please sing out, so by the end of next week I can email you the details.

Current plan: roast instead of snags (I am no good with the grill), everything else as usual.

OK guys, PMs sent. See you soon!

Default 2008 Adelaide shed meet

G´day Frank&Earnest,
    All the best for the meet (and the meat). I had hoped to attend but an anticipated event has occurred as anticipated. Perhaps next year.
    Regards,
    Tisorp (Jeff)

Default There we go...!

Hi Peoples,

I've just though in butt in, and say a couple of things, I'm pretty sure Frank wouldn't mind. Firstly, I should follow the normal procedure and make know in this thread, of my intentions/confirmation of being at Frank& Earnest place next Sunday the 20th. This will be my first time since in SA to participate in any events of this nature, and my first as a Woodwork Forums Australia member and guest. Putting faces and bodies to a name, can be a "nerves recking" thing/experience, to many people, including myself! we will see...!

Now, the other thing is that, by now, everyone knows that having timbers for sale (plenty of it ), I would be taking some, as had been suggested by Harry72 on a previous post. Frank is OK with it so, I would like to request/remind those that will be there on the day that, if there is any particular timber species and or any particular blank(s) that I have advertised, that you particularly interested in, please let me know by PM or email. I will have a 6x4 trailer with me so, to bring that piece/blank or other that you want or would like to have a closer look, is no problem, and maybe some of us could end-up getting 2 birds with a single stone, huh?
    Anyone that is going to be there is welcome to make recommendations (no obligation) of what they would like to see!
    Is only a week to go so, don't let it to the last minute to make your request, by Friday I would like to know what I need to take down, apart from what I will surprise everyone with...!, so be nice...

Cheers
    RBTCO

Got any of that Olive left... wouldnt mind some of that, say $30 worth? And say $10~20 of anything else(other than rad pine... I got heaps of that)
    I wont be able to carry any long pieces as Im coming up in the little shopping trolley it doesnt have a boot like me ute or the truck!!!

I'll bring some Broughton Willow for you and others to look and try out... must go through my pile and see how much I can spare (just got some more today)

Hi Harry72

I hear you mate.

See you there!

Cheers
    RBTCO

I'll be a no show guys

I know you'll have a great day, I look forward to seeing the pics!
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    Albert Einstein