Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Apparently you can desex a cat by cutting of the tip of its tail....about 2 inches behind the ears.

So when do we see a pic of O'Reilly? And your war wounds?
    Incoming

Never eat prunes when you're hungry

A pic of the offending beastie - pre-op.
    I've got hardly any wounds to show.....dunno about the vet though!

Loved the story watson, laughed!

Bet the vet nailed 'em to the surgery door as a trophy.

Ginger looks like it is saying "I will pose but don't mess with me".

Really nice color and fur, hard to believe such a pretty cat has such a disagreeable side.

Then I think.... I would put up a stink if this operation was going to happen to me.

It's a cats world, ...... I guess as humans we have to adjust.

Geoff
    "Apparently you can desex a cat by cutting of the tip of its tail....about 2 inches behind the ears."

It would take more than one person "gotta see that person after ther fight".
    My money is on the cat.

Have a great day!
    John
    Cleaning my glasses will not make me look any better,
    But will make what I am looking at better.

Quote Originally Posted by prozac View Post
    Loved the story watson, laughed!

Bet the vet nailed 'em to the surgery door as a trophy.
    Good, we all need a laugh....me especially!...The vet didn't remove them as I can see in the cold light of day......they are now a huge protrusion from his nether regions. No stitch removal required. Don't understand the procedure....but I think it may have been like ringing lambs....gasp!!

Wonderful story.
    My previous cat didn't like the carry cage either. If he saw a suitcase being readied for a holiday he would disappear. We had to lock him on our veranda before you started to pack so he could be found to take to the boarding place.
    Terry B
    Armidale

The most ineffective workers will be systematically moved to the place where they can do the least damage - management.
    --The Dilbert Principle

Moonta Bay in the Copper Triangle, S. Australia

Ginger Mick O'Reilly treed a bully, well now I am waiting for his bout minus testickulators with the echidna. That should give him a few pointers.

Thank you for having him nutted, even if it was a bit too late.
    Buzza.

"All those who believe in psycho kinesis . . . raise my hand".

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    The vet didn't remove them as I can see in the cold light of day......they are now a huge protrusion from his nether regions. No stitch removal required. Don't understand the procedure....
    Maybe he just kicked him between the legs for all the trouble.

My cats come to a whistle but they bugga off for days if I even mention the word vet.

prozac

Quote Originally Posted by Terry B View Post
    Wonderful story.
    My previous cat didn't like the carry cage either. If he saw a suitcase being readied for a holiday he would disappear. We had to lock him on our veranda before you started to pack so he could be found to take to the boarding place.
    The Siamese I grew up with was similarly psychic. To make it worse, regulations required that he be taken for a cat flu injection 10 days before the trip to the cattery, and he was no fool, so it was not just "hide the suitcase............."

Regarding the vet bit, our local bloke had a suggestion which worked great: Take the old style mesh orange bag, (we had them in South Africa, am assuming they were here as well?).

While the moggy is calm and unsuspecting, con him into putting his nose in, and follow the rest of him in. Once you get the front feet in, the other bits sort of follow. He wedges himself into the far corner, but since he is restrained, but can still see, he remains amazingly calm. Doesn't help with the voice tho', as anyone who knows Siamese can attest.

Vet can handle him, do most examinations through the mesh, and in our case, slip him the needle, without the moggy having any say in it, bar the yelling. Never got to understand "cat", but could tell heaps from the tone of voice.

After he got home the same way, you could cut the tie on the closed end, and winkle it open, while pointing the danger end out the door. Once he got enough purchase, he would shuck the sack and depart at pace, (and volume). After an hour or so to recover his dignity and temper, he would stalk back in, and demand his usual homage. It was advisable to treat him with caution for a while, as he would still be cranky, and not averse to letting you know it.

regards
    Alastair

Funny as Noel.

Just a word of caution though - we've been using Clomicalm with one of our cats for a few years now (poor bugger is as screwed in the head as his owners). However, we've been fighting for the last few weeks trying to keep him alive - something has shot his liver and although we have no specific evidence that it was the long term use of Clomicalm, the vet has told us not to continue with it in case it was.

The liver on ultrasound looks like a TV static picture apparently. We think the cat will survive - he seems to be on the mend (eating again), but dropped 30% of his bodyweight in a few short weeks (he got very heavy on Clomicalm) before we caught the problem. Anorexia in cats is pretty deadly.

So he's eating again, and completely psychotic now he's off his meds. Fits right in here!
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

Thanks Stuart!
    He only got the two with his dinner......the rest I may try on "Cuthbert".....another drop by cat....who is just a tad bi-polar.....being a "dog person" all my life....I really don't have any idea what these critters are all about.

Stuart: So he's eating again, and completely psychotic now he's off his meds. Fits right in here!

With 5 cats, 1 daughter, 1 son, 1 wife (that is all they allow), a family of racoons, plus any other stray.
    I have a saying "you do not need to be crazy to live here, but it sure helps".

John

Watson
    Dogs are good,.... loyal, obedient, a friend for life, give their life for you, always wanting to be with you and so many other qualities good and bad.

Now a cat has a disposition, independant, be with you when it wants, sleeps the bulk of it's life, is prepared to take on anything that invades it territory and most of all hates carriers.

So you see cats are a challenge! So lovable!!!!!

John

G'day John,
    Somebody once told me that people have dogs.......cats have staff.