Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weakening.

Thats great Steven. I am so happy for you. My turn will come one day.

Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

you will never regret it, without doubt they are on their own
    les

Default welcome to the club

Welcome to the club Steven,dont use the domi in anger but treat her nice and she wont bite you

Now you can go about your business of completing those 60 odd mortises!

Cheers
    Johnno

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Default Domino, Mini and OF 1400

Hello. I'm new to this forum. I have had my domino for over 6 months now, however I only started using it this year (and no, I didn't have it a glass display case in the living room for all to see). I used a ryobi biscuit joiner for all of my board work and mortise & tenons for joint work on previous projects. One thing I am surprised about (and thrilled) is how fast the domino is wrt joinery. Recently I made a new workshop bench out of 3" x 4" hardwood with a 3" thick top. I used the 10 mm dominos to join the legs and rails (selleys duratone for glue). I actually forgot to cut a button groove in the top rails to fasten the top. No problem though, I cut some 1" x 1" button rails and 'fastened' the top to the top rails using loose 5mm dominos and the screwed the button rail to the top.

Anyway this post is really a ploy for me to ask a question:

I am taking delivery of an OF 1400 router in a week or so. I know that this machine draws 1400 W. My power socket on my Mini dust extractor says it can handle a maximum of 1200 W (I am guessing it assumes you are hooking it up to a 10 A supply). My shed has a 15 A circuit. Does this mean that my mini can handle anything up to 1800 W or will the mini fry?

Thanks,

Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel+Nuts View Post

Anyway this post is really a ploy for me to ask a question:

I am taking delivery of an OF 1400 router in a week or so. I know that this machine draws 1400 W. My power socket on my Mini dust extractor says it can handle a maximum of 1200 W (I am guessing it assumes you are hooking it up to a 10 A supply). My shed has a 15 A circuit. Does this mean that my mini can handle anything up to 1800 W or will the mini fry?

Thanks,

Brendan
    Hi Brendan,

You will find if you look in the CT-Mini user manual the powertool socket is rated differently for many countries. Up to 2400W in EC.

I am pretty sure Australian regulations require that the socket be marked with a wattage equal to 2400W less the motor input wattage. In this case the motor input is 400-1200W, so the socket must be labeled 1200W. The same machine in other countries will have different socket labels depending on their local regulations. But as far as I am aware, all CT-Mini share the same components and can take the same load through the powertool socket.

What you will find that if you draw over the 1200W, the CT-Mini will cope with it, but if plugged into a power-board, the power-board overload circuit will probably pop. As for the wall socket and building circuit, thats something else all together. Even a 10A circuit will have higher rated cable and circuit breaker, because it needs to cater for more than one power point on that circuit together pulling potentially more than 10 amps. So a CT-Mini and powertool load will probably do just fine on a 10A building circuit as long as there is not something else of significant load on the same circuit at the same time.

Default Mini and OF 1400

Hello Anthony,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I will proceed with caution (i.e wrt to your recommendations regarding 10 A power boards etc).

I have another question regarding this combo:

Will the mini perform adequately hooked up to the OF 1400. I am not a disbeliever, however, recently I connected the mini to my Triton router (I did not plug the router into the mini's power socet though) and the mini choked, overheated and turned itself off.

Thanks,

Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel+Nuts View Post
    Hello Anthony,
    I have another question regarding this combo:

Will the mini perform adequately hooked up to the OF 1400. I am not a disbeliever, however, recently I connected the mini to my Triton router (I did not plug the router into the mini's power socet though) and the mini choked, overheated and turned itself off.
    I am yet to have the CT-Mini clog up when I do use it with the OF1400, but I mostly use a CT22 for routing so there may be circumstances where the mini might not cope, but I have not come across it as yet.