Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I totally agree you should not lie on his behalf and you should let him know.

1 If you respect your crew and they respect you then you are honest to them.

2 If you lie for your boss he will see it works and use it again in the future.
    Cheers

TEEJAY

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

(Man was born to hunt and kill)

I'm not going to lie to my Crew - never intended to.
    I'm due in at 18:00 hours tonight. I'll talk to the Supervisors in the other areas and see what instructions they've been given.
    If they say they haven't heard anything, bingo - off home early people.

As a side note. The Manager who wrote the email is actually leaving the company on 4th January. But I suspect it came to him from the Plant Manager, who is a real nasty one.

Hmm, now that's interesting

Good luck with it all Obee60

I hope the day goes well, with no incidents and you all get to spend some quality time with your family and friends.

cheers
    Wendy

working as a head chef 3yrs ago for a well known company that had previously been aquired by "overseas visitors" two years earlier....on the 24th of dec ...we were all handed notice ( 3weeks)....some Christmas huh....well it got worse .......as soon as the doors were shut ......they did an ignorance is bliss act .....and failed to meet employee redundancy payments, annual leave entitlements,long service entitlements etc,..seems that under the award back then ....if you employed less than< 15 employees ...you could "cry poor" and not pay redundancy .....well, being a tad smarter than the average bear, I had taken photo's of all the time cards ....prior to the last day ....and industrial relations used these to obtain entitlements so richly deserved to the employees within three months of closing .....mine however, went around the merrygoround for 2 yrs ...for being so smart ...

dont feel sorry for these type of ppl, they are mutli millionaires and property developers .....and laugh at our laws of business trading ...all for a $..

live wth Honour ......Die with Respect

Merry Christmas to All

na the ???????? is setting you up and creating ill will for the company simultaneously.

I'd email the big boss with the info.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    Whilst it may be his right to dictate the hours to be worked, it is totally unacceptable and unconsciable to demand that you lie on his behalf.

Reply back to say that whilst you'll all work the hours demanded by him, you will not lie on his behalf, with a copy to senior management.

Peter.
    Spot on Peter.

Well Christmas Eve (night shift) has come and gone.
    Told my people the story and by and large they were pretty good about it.
    Thankfully they know me well enough to know it wasn't my idea, or decision.
    As usual they did all I asked of them for the 12 hour shift.

Funnily enough when I got into work tonight I heard the Plant Manager has decided to let people go an hour and a half earlier, if all the work is done.
    That didn't help my crew this morning, but at least I can let them know at our start up meeting that they will be able to get away a little earlier Boxing Day.

obee

Poor thing... we spent most of the day picking up a lead spill, jackhammers'n'cranes... merry xmas boys!
    All caused by a management decision... thats against our job safety proceedure rules, we have a set of rules made by them... they have their own rules... If we did it we'd end up on the discipline system