Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Election

Australia has spoken.

I salute our new TinTin overlord. May his government be excellent, and may we live in harmony until the next time we get to choose.

woodbe.

I'll reserve judgment. Lets hope the unemployment figures don't skyrocket under the new government like last time they were in. Hope they keep some of their promises. Me? I am looking forward to lightning fast internet connection.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Quote Originally Posted by obee60 View Post
    "Doesn't baffle me, I reckon the thought of having Costello as PM was enough to turn the tide! "

And the tought of Rudd and Gillard as our leaders inspires you ??
    Nah I reckon they just didn't want Howard any more. Costello has long been the standout performer of the Liberal Government. I don't think there are any feelings at all against Costello.

Studley
    Aussie Hardwood Number One

Johnny and his crew did a good job with the economy but they lied, lied, lied.
    They ran a negative campaign.

People do not like that so out they went.

Next time I will toss the coin (Consider which party will do the least damage) and vote accordingly.

PS: I think some liberal ??economists?? need to do some study as to where the foundations of the present economy were put into place....

I heard last night that the highest office-holding liberal in Australia is now the Lord Mayor of Brisbane ?

Cheers
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by munruben View Post
    . Lets hope the unemployment figures don't skyrocket under the new government like last time they were in.
    So you believe the Howard's government lies about unemployment. Currently unemployment is already in the 10 -15 % range and not the 3 percent they claim.

Don't forget that everyone who works ONE WHOLE HOUR a week is considered not to be unemployed, neither are the ones on non work participation agreements (study courses, voluntary work etc) hence the lies about the low figures.

Noone in the government would ever release the people officially on New Start allowances because that would expose their lies.

BTW I'm glad we finally got rid of that little bush and his coherts.

Peter.

"BTW I'm glad we finally got rid of that little bush and his coherts."

So you'll be ordering a green cap with a red star attached then Sturdee .
    Nah, sounds like you already got a cupboard full !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by obee60 View Post
    "BTW I'm glad we finally got rid of that little bush and his coherts."

So you'll be ordering a green cap with a red star attached then Sturdee .
    Nah, sounds like you already got a cupboard full !!!!!

Reds under the bed? Settle down Obee60.

Anyway, as a leftie and a Labor supporter, I want to say that I respect John Howard and I like him as a person. Goodbye John; I'm not all that happy that you may lose Bennelong. It's not a good way for a prominent Prime Minister to depart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    So you believe the Howard's government lies about unemployment. Currently unemployment is already in the 10 -15 % range and not the 3 percent they claim.

Don't forget that everyone who works ONE WHOLE HOUR a week is considered not to be unemployed, neither are the ones on non work participation agreements (study courses, voluntary work etc) hence the lies about the low figures.

Noone in the government would ever release the people officially on New Start allowances because that would expose their lies.

Peter.
    Very well said
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rossluck View Post
    Reds under the bed? Settle down Obee60.

Anyway, as a leftie and a Labor supporter, I want to say that I respect John Howard and I like him as a person. Goodbye John; I'm not all that happy that you may lose Bennelong. It's not a good way for a prominent Prime Minister to depart.
    The ex labour Minister quoted as saying "Rudd couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag" hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post

Peter.
    What I wont miss is the wedge politics and the incessant picking on the minorities, Aboriginals, Muslims, single mothers and the like. That is of course if Little Kev is true to his word....

Thomas Keneally's piece in the Sun Herald in Sydney is worth reading,

Hey Obee, theyre still executing blacks in Texas, Rudd fought and beat Howard,

Sebastiaan
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

Rudd didn'y beat Howard.
    The IR laws introduced late beat Howard.

And as for picking on minorities........get a grip and have a look at how much we spend on so called minorities !!

I guess the poor white people still being executed in America don't count in your opinion !!

Quote Originally Posted by apricotripper View Post
    Howard was called little johnny. So whats Rudd going to be called ?
    Its already being used for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan56 View Post
    What I wont miss is the wedge politics and the incessant picking on the minorities, Aboriginals, Muslims, single mothers and the like. That is of course if Little Kev is true to his word....
    Sebastiaan
    Yeah, and he'll apologise to everyone, opening us up to huge compensation claims, which he will then have to drain the Future Fund to pay for them, leaving nothing to fund exhorbitant Pollies and Public Servants superannuation payments.

I remember well the last time this mob were in, Libs had to sell all the silverware to get us out of debt. Alas, there is no silverware left, so if the debt levels rise, we all will cop it.

Well said Geoff.

Spot on the money