Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I know the feeling, Groggy. I was with my family going somewhere one Saturday and this "thing" (Neanderthal relation of your hoon bozo probably) tried to steer us off the road to a confrontation. My crime? I pulled out onto "his" road a little too early for him and forced him to back off the accelerator a little. He was excited for a full five minutes, overtaking us and slowing right down until we were just about stopped, and pointing to the left with his tattoed arm indicating that he and his caveman friend wanted to discuss my crime physically.

Fortunately the other cars that were held up started hooting and they took off. Like you I wondered for days what I should have done. I would have loved to have been an off duty copper, and to have "innocently" pulled over, handcuffed it and call for a car to come and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skew ChiDAMN!!
    Nar, I reckon you did right, Groggy. Especially given the scenario... to any bystanders it would've been you who looked like the hood. More's the pity.

I once had a very similar situation and I gave in to instinct. Got the bugger a bewdy and, stupidly, went for a second swing... but the driver was quick and grabbed my arm while two other bozos I hadn't noticed got out of the back seat and did me a number.

Not a good memory, something I'm not eager to repeat.
    Yeh, I reakon you did the right thing too. I mean, you'd feel better belting the bloke for shore. But, then the whole situation just drags on eh.....possibly him belting you back, rolling all over the road, covered in dirt and cuts......cops getting involved questioning. Your plans for the day going to the wind....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossluck
    I would have loved to have been an off duty copper.
    Had a similar situation where a fool decided I had spent too long in his lane. Gave me the high beams raced around in front of me and jumped on the picks etc. I waited till the last sec and turned off in the direction of work, where I was headed anyway.

Problem with d1ckheads is that they don't know when to quit and he came roaring up behind me. Tailgaited me for a bit then went round front where we got held up at a level crossing.

This was mid afternoon in Springvale Road, Nunawading and there was traffic everywhere. The moron gets out of his car with blue murder writ upon his face. So I got out too. Told him to go back to his car but his blood was up. He wound up for the big king hit and ended up on his asre. By then my blood was up. I ripped off my jacket, forgetting I had a uniform on underneath and all of a sudden, the hero didn't want to play anymore.:confused: I could actually hear the drivers of other cars laughing and a few even tooted their horns as he scurried back to his car, hooked a quick U-turn and disappeared.

I can always find a policeman when I want one.

Dan
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

Quote Originally Posted by DanP
    By then my blood was up. I ripped off my jacket, forgetting I had a uniform on underneath and all of a sudden, the hero didn't want to play anymore.:confused: I could actually hear the drivers of other cars laughing and a few even tooted their horns as he scurried back to his car, hooked a quick U-turn and disappeared.

I can always find a policeman when I want one.
    Love it! Wanna come shopping with me?

I saw something very similar many years ago at Glen Iris/Toorak where the old drive-in used to be. A guy driving like a maniac cutting everyone off, shot in front of a car and hit the horn repeatedly to get the guy in front to move (through a reddie). The guy in front got out, put on his hat, grabbed a book and strolled over to the twit. I think he read him the riot act and wrote a few tickets.

Police actually being Police that would interesting

Quote Originally Posted by China
    Police actually being Police that would interesting
    Theres an old quote me old china " the next time you get robbed go ask a drug addict for help" :mad:
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Hmmm this thread reminds me never to incite trouble.

I pulled out to late in front of a buch of hoons, mind you the fact they were doing about 90k in a 60 zone didn't help. They harassed me up to the next set of lights where, feeling safe as I turned left, gave them the 2 fingers. They thought this was enough motivation to change direction and come after me.

All i could see in the rear mirror 5 heads sitting on shoulders (no necks)! Agggh they were big boys. As I approched the next set of lights I could see them with hands on the doors ready to get out. All I could think of was slow right down till the lights went green and take off. They were right up my butt.

I was heading for a police station, but after narrow escapes on the next two sets of lights I figgured I wasn't going to make it.

So I sped up towards the next set of lights with them right on my tail. Then at the very last possible second without touching the brakes I took a left hand turn in a cloud of smoke and very sideways. I made the turn and they over shot. Oops! bad luck for them. I never looked back.

Rod
    Great plastering tips at
    www.how2plaster.com

So it was you I was chasing.

HJ0 Cheers

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

I had a police lesson on IDing heads some years ago, arriving a little late at the old Melb Magistrates Court for a prosecution I wandered in to take my spot at the bar while the Clerk was reading charges and priors for a case being heard.
    I looked towards the dock and saw this hairless squat head, bloody ugly it was too, flat nose squashed across the face and a few scars to boot.
    Was truly an evil looking bastard and hearing priors being read out for GBH, attempted murder, numerous assaults decided I would not invite this character home for dinner.
    The charges finished and the head stood up, it was a Senior Constable who then opened the door in the dock to the holding cell and presented some skinny little ferret to the court
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Before we moved to God's country, I lived in south west Sydney for about 8 years. You do not even look sideways at MOMEAs (we had a different name for them) as they are likely to get out and shoot or stab you unprovoked. Very nasty little creatures. They always travel in packs. If one of them cut you off, the best thing to do was to pretend not to notice. If you cut one of them off, well, god help you. They're not afraid of the police either. Ask any copper who has worked in Bankstown.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

What's a MOMEA? :confused:

Mick (who hasn't lived in Sydney since '82 on the genteel North Shore)
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

It's a racial description that you would hear at least once a day on the news in Sydney.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

M Male Men Moron(s)
    O Of
    M Middle
    E East
    Appearance

Just a guess, never heard of it here.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

So what is it? It's an acronym I presume. Please Pm me if it's rude, I'm really intrigued now.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Ian has got it right. If you haven't heard of it then you can count yourself lucky