Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Damon_11
    Thanks Reno...Looks like Squareform might be the best option at the moment - appears better in quality and finish than Egger, however have been quoted 60-80/m for Egger preformed benchtops.

Anyone have any idea what the cost per linear meter for Squareform is??

DC
    Ring Laminex 132 136 and they will give you phone numbers of accredited fabricators in your area.

Hi
    Anyone have any idea what the cost per linear meter for Squareform is??
    AFAIK, the suare form is only available in *fixed* sizes, ie you cannot order it made to your required size.

You can obviously order a larger piece and they can cut it, however you may lose one side of the square form. The squareform is made to "standard" sizes and these sizes have the square form on each edge.

Contact Cullity Timbers in Balcatta for more (and better) info. Call in to their premises in Erindale road for some small examples. BTW It's NOT cheap.

I think you could still do your own post forming though
    Kind Regards

Peter

The Egger laminates are imported and they do come in a fixed depth (600mm single profile and 900mm double profile. This is only a concern if you are looking for squareform profile on opposing sides i.e breakfast bar situation.

Laminex Squareform can be made to any size.

Exclamation

Hey all
    Just a few questions -
    1. I am planning to remove my benchtop and then get one made up which I will install myself. If I have the dimensions/measurement, where is a good place in Perth to take it to for them to quote me on how much it would cost? As mentioned above, is Cullity Timbers one of the people I should goto with my dimension etc? Is there any other place I can get quotes from?

2. I plan to use the laminate benchtop, what is the squareform, postform etc which you all spoke about? Tried googling, though it wasn't much help.

3. Lastly, what sorta cost should I be expecting for a 2m width x 1m height laminate benchtop?

Thanks in advance.

Default What Form?

Hi Enfz,

When benchtops are laminated they often feature a shaped edge.
    This edge is routed into the board to be laminated in a certain profile.
    Most commonly seen is still the single radius 180 degree edge, although becoming increasingly popular are the 2 x 90 degree 5mm radii, often called "Squareform". This is the top with pencil edges, giving a square profile without sharp corners, and looks particularly effective in certain stone effect laminates.

The process of applying a profiled laminated edge is called Postforming and the people who do it Postformers.

Squareform is a Laminex brand name - this edge profile is not available in all laminates, as they need to be thinner to be able to roll the tight edges. A lot of different laminate suppliers are, however, now producing a range of colours and patterns suitable to "Tightforming". (non proprietary term)
    Most manufacturers will have some information about their individual version on their web sites.

Any happy postforming business should give you a quote if you get them a well dimensioned plan of your need.
    There are a few extra costs on top of meterage, including how the ends are finished off, when pricing a top.

See how you go.

Respect, all.
    Kitchen Design Consultant

Custom and Flatpack Kitchens

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite
    Hi Enfz,

When benchtops are laminated they often feature a shaped edge.
    This edge is routed into the board to be laminated in a certain profile.
    Most commonly seen is still the single radius 180 degree edge, although becoming increasingly popular are the 2 x 90 degree 5mm radii, often called "Squareform". This is the top with pencil edges, giving a square profile without sharp corners, and looks particularly effective in certain stone effect laminates.

The process of applying a profiled laminated edge is called Postforming and the people who do it Postformers.

Squareform is a Laminex brand name - this edge profile is not available in all laminates, as they need to be thinner to be able to roll the tight edges. A lot of different laminate suppliers are, however, now producing a range of colours and patterns suitable to "Tightforming". (non proprietary term)
    Most manufacturers will have some information about their individual version on their web sites.

Any happy postforming business should give you a quote if you get them a well dimensioned plan of your need.
    There are a few extra costs on top of meterage, including how the ends are finished off, when pricing a top.

See how you go.

Respect, all.
    Thank you Sybarite. Very informative.

Hello Enfz,

I had a good contact - Bill Sabine in Balcatta, however he only does 180deg rolled edge. If you want his details, I can send to you. He was old school and very helpful chap.

Next, my door supplier Classic Form Doors in Malaga, do the Egger range of laminated and pre made benchtops in squareform styles as described by Sybarite. Cheap alternative at about $60-80/lm for the selection of 16 premade colours. Certainly cost effective, though compromising on the range of colours - should be something close to what you think you might like.

For Laminex squareform or freestyle stone - which looks like my preferred option so far, I have bypassed middlemen and currently have a quote in with Laminex Direct for my benchtops. Expect to have some response tomorrow, so will post some info when the prices come back.

DC

Hey Damon,
    The contact details would be great!!

"Next, my door supplier Classic Form Doors in Malaga, do the Egger range of laminated and pre made benchtops in squareform styles as described by Sybarite. Cheap alternative at about $60-80/lm for the selection of 16 premade colours. Certainly cost effective, though compromising on the range of colours - should be something close to what you think you might like."

Does Classic Form Doors make benchtop with customised shape/measurement?

Yes, Classicform do pre made and customised. My wide breakfast bench is 1000mm wide which they are able to do.

Just sent you the details via personal message.

MrFixIt

"I think you could still do your own post forming though"

I would be interested in hearing any tips you have for postforming or of any difficulties you experienced.
    Graeme

For Laminex squareform or freestyle stone - which looks like my preferred option so far
    I suggest you have a look at some Laminex squareform before ordering it. When I looked at the Laminex website I thought it looked great but I changed my mind after seeing it in real-life in a kitchen showroom.

I think ordinary post-formed laminate looks better because it doesn't look fake - Laminex squareform looks to me like a BMW badge stuck on a Commodore.

Some of the reconstituted stone tops are cheaper than granite.

You might also conside some of the solid surfaces like Corian or LH Hi-Macs. If you can get someone to sell you the raw material, it can be worked with wood-working tools (according to the fabrication guide at http://www.himacs.com) because it contains no stone. Even though that might make it easier to damage, because it is solid surface I believe you can sand out any damage. These solid surfaces (along with laminate) are probably friendlier to your dishes than granite or reconstituted stone.

Smile

Well folks, here's the latest.....

Quote from Laminex Direct on Squareform was very good at $1500 for my super large benchtop. Same as what I was quoted for Egger square edge profile. Pretty good as I have a 3000 x 1000 section.

Next, wife was referred to engineered granite aggregate stone called Bisazza off one of her forums. http://www.bisazzasurfaces.com.au/
    Chased them up at the Sydney office and they referred me to a chap named Jan (yarn) - he's German - in Joondalup who is just starting up a distribution and manufacturing in Perth after the last mob went broke through some problems.

Product looks really good and he's doing me a super deal to get some new business and my 3 friends and colleagues that will be referred (they all asked me to build them kitchens)

So was $3,500 - quite a bit more, but I get the waterfall edge down to the floor off one end, 40mm edges, he is going to give me back the remnants of the third slab of material (3000 x 1200) to make splashbacks, bathroom benchtops etc.

Got to be happy with that!

So, getting real close to tough decision time. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers...DC

So was $3,500 - quite a bit more,
    As I said, the least expensive is rarely the best value for money!

P

Quote Originally Posted by Damon_11 View Post

Quote from Laminex Direct on Squareform was very good at $1500 for my super large benchtop. Same as what I was quoted for Egger square edge profile. Pretty good as I have a 3000 x 1000 section.

Next, wife was referred to engineered granite aggregate stone called Bisazza off one of her forums. http://www.bisazzasurfaces.com.au/
    Chased them up at the Sydney office and they referred me to a chap named Jan (yarn) - he's German - in Joondalup who is just starting up a distribution and manufacturing in Perth after the last mob went broke through some problems.

Product looks really good and he's doing me a super deal to get some new business and my 3 friends and colleagues that will be referred (they all asked me to build them kitchens)

So was $3,500 - quite a bit more, but I get the waterfall edge down to the floor off one end, 40mm edges, he is going to give me back the remnants of the third slab of material (3000 x 1200) to make splashbacks, bathroom benchtops etc.

Got to be happy with that!

So, getting real close to tough decision time. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers...DC
    Damon, how did it go and do you have a contct for the Jan guy? The bisazzasurfaces site does not mention anyone in Perth doing their product.

Any info or pictures would be really helpful.

Thanks,
    Burnsy

Quote Originally Posted by Damon_11 View Post

Did you go ahead with the German guy, if so how did it go and can I have his contact details please?

Thanks,
    Mike