Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Termite
    Definitely the best option. The local 'puter shop will do a better job.
    I agree with that. The trick would be coming up with a reason that doesn't start a melt down of emotions. If the drivers do the trick, it'll keep him quiet for a bit. He's one of those kids that if he got the ultra best machine now, he'd still want an upgrade in six months so when she gets sick of him whining, I'll guide her towards a ram and video card upgrade.

As for the card in my son's computer, I thought I'd be sneaky and just look at the receipt for it - reckon I can find the thing? My filing system needs a bigger shoe box.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles
    I agree with that. The trick would be coming up with a reason that doesn't start a melt down of emotions. Richard
    Rather you than me mate.

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Having finally found the receipt for my son's computer. The graphics card is an MSI FX6200 AX-TD

According to the receipt, it's a 256 MB card and this was confirmed when I turned on the box and had a look at the properties. Interestingly, it uses a 'GeForce 6200 string adaptor' whatever that is, but that's what it says on the computer:confused:

This means I need to have a look at my gf's son's computer now and see what that's actually running at.

I knew I shouldn't have started this, I'm actually beginning to learn things

On a more humble note, a loaf of home made bread is about to come out of the oven, the house reeks of fresh baked bread and my tummy is sending reminders about how long it's been since lunch. Home made bread costs less than 'play bread' (from the shops), but it's not more economic because I eat about ten times as much of the stuff

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles
    On a more humble note, a loaf of home made bread is about to come out of the oven, the house reeks of fresh baked bread and my tummy is sending reminders about how long it's been since lunch. Home made bread costs less than 'play bread' (from the shops), but it's not more economic because I eat about ten times as much of the stuff

Richard
    Richard, you would kill for the loaf of Sourdough Pagnotta I took out of the oven about 2 hours ago. The real thing, home caught yeast, to die for.

Ram, ram, ram

I have 2 gig to play vids and games.

Hp ram is different to the run of the mill ram.
    I have had HP's in the past and wouldnt bother again.
    For the price of common HP's I could build one of the fastest machines ever.

Sorry.

Al