Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    Given the fact the Autocad 2000, that's the full Autocad NOT Autocad LT or Autosketch runs just fine on this, admittedly ancient PC, this 'freebie' program from the mag. cover would want to be something special to warrant both the hardware and software(driver) requirements, IMO. :mad:
    Autocad 2000 is only really a basic 2d cad package with very limited 3d functionality. I am not saying that it is not good at what it does, but more so it doesn't need much. I would assume that the BHG program requires a higher end video card due to the complexity of 3d images and rendering.

I managed to catch a little of BHG last night with the need to collect the three mystery letters throughout the show to enter the prize draw. Someone with a little too much creativity in the marketing department came up with the three letters G H & B. They even presented them in order B, H & G. Even the bunnies superstore staff could work that one out.
    Now proudly sponsored by Binford Tools. Be sure to check out the Binford 6100 - available now at any good tool retailer.

fairly peeeeces me off when a firm expects to be able to give a piece of software to "everyman" for you to simply find out that it won't work....... must be a bloody brilliant piece of software that won't run on a machine capable of driving the RAM EATER ACAD2000.

One more coaster that is free for a damn good reason I say. Sorry I can't help you with an alternative OR a reason why someone seemed to be telling you to be sure to say thanks - unless you posted elsewhere and forgot to say it.

THANKS!

Steve
    Kilmore (Melbourne-ish)
    Australia

....catchy phrase here

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Stinkalot
    Autocad 2000 is only really a basic 2d cad package with very limited 3d functionality. I am not saying that it is not good at what it does, but more so it doesn't need much. I would assume that the BHG program requires a higher end video card due to the complexity of 3d images and rendering.
    Autocad, any release a "basic" program? :eek:

You sure you're not thinking of something else?

I'd hardy call a video card with 32MB of ram, which is the minimum that "MyVirtualHome" requires, a "higher end card", not in this day and age. Its a problem with DirectX that's my problem but not the OP's.
    I wanted to become a brickie but my old man said "No son, learn a trade."

Try this Dulux online color selector HERE
    You must use Internet Explorer it dont like Firefox or Opera
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

my video card is currently running 500meg of ram

Steve
    Kilmore (Melbourne-ish)
    Australia

....catchy phrase here

I got this of ebay for less than 9 buck delivered. If that's what you're after

Ultimate CARPENTRY+ BONUS TIMBER DECKS - CD-ROM 800pp

GREAT Value CD ROM covering...

Construction Drawings

Planning & Materials

Building Layout & Foundation

Concrete Forms

Framing & Coverings

Bridge & Wharf Construction
    Finish Carpentry
    <!-- End Description -->

90$ isnt much for a video card.Us gamers pay anywhere up to 1g$ Mine is $300 but only cause it was a hongkong import.

This afternoon, I received the following email from MVH tech support.

I was merely curious about the program and so shan't pursue it any further until I decided to buy a new PC at which time I'll probably ensure that the video card will suit MVH.

Email below:
    Hi Mark,

Unfortunately your system is below the minimum system requirements for running MyVirtualHome. In this case, your TNT2 Video Card does not support Texture Compression DXT. This is an essential requirement. As such, if you wish to continue using MyVirtualHome, you might consider upgrading your video card to a GeForce 2MX or greater.

The best advice I can give you is to visit the official MyVirtualHome website's System Requirements section (http://www.myvirtualhome.com.au/appl...quirements.htm ). The system components listed are the minimum MyVirtualHome will run on. If you need to contact a vendor near your area go to the link below:

http://www.myvirtualhome.com.au/appl...stores.php#QLD

If you have any further issues or questions, please contact MyVirtualHome Support using the Support Site at www.myvirtualhome.com.au/support

Cheers,
    Helpdesk Team.

The MyVirtualHome Team
    www.myvirtualhome.com.au

Support Form
    www.myvirtualhome.com.au/support

Thanks, guys. Points well made, it was free after all, although it was quoted as being worth $49. I will give it one more try on another computer and let you know how it turns out.

Might have to make a tough decision though, upgrade the computer or buy more tools, hmmm.......

Hi all,

I'm John Banks, the communications director with MyVirtualHome.

As a cutting-edge 3D visualistation package, MyVirtualHome software does require a moderate level video card to run. The software is actually based in a 3D games engine technology developed by Brisbane based games company, Auran. We went down this direction as we want MyVirtualHome to provide a high quality and user-friendly home design package with stunning visuals that will represent homemakers design ideas and visions. It also aims to provide a new vehicle for communication between homemakers and suppliers, trades, consultants, builders etc by visualising project plans etc. This does require an adequate 3D videocard to support the quality visual effects. However, the video cards that will support MyVirtualHome are relatively inexpensive, they're certainly not at the top end. If you have any questions at all about MyVirtualHome please let me know ([email protected]).

For further support with running MyVirtualHome please visit our support page (http://www.myvirtualhome.com.au/application/support.php). Additional information about MyVirtualHome can be found on our website at www.myvirtualhome.com.au

Cheers,
    John

Thanks, John for your reply. It's amazing the people who use this forum. Do you have an inexpensive card that will run this cd that you can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by John_Banks
    Hi all,

I'm John Banks, the communications director with MyVirtualHome.

Cheers,
    John
    G'day John,

Good to you made it over here from WP.

WHat mag was this in again? I might go pick it up to try out and hey John - welcome mate.... you will find a lot of compatriots here

and the odd antagonist no doubt

pretty sure my SGI workstation will run your proggie

have fun
    Steve
    Kilmore (Melbourne-ish)
    Australia

....catchy phrase here

Quote Originally Posted by seriph1
    WHat mag was this in again?

The current issue of Better Homes & Gardens.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by seriph1
    WHat mag was this in again? I might go pick it up to try out and hey John - welcome mate.... you will find a lot of compatriots here

and the odd antagonist no doubt

pretty sure my SGI workstation will run your proggie

have fun
    If you want it off the magazine cover, "Better Homes and Gardens" you'd better hurry or, alternatively, wait and see if MVH comes good and makes it available as a free download from their website.