Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smile

Did nothing Friday, union picnic day. Today will be different, with a mate I'll be installing a ceiling fan in the kitchen to get rid of the cooking smells. Of course we'll have to go to bunnies for some stuff that I've forgotten, but I do have the fan at least. a look at the roof ventilators whilst we're there and then its into the roof for cussing and pondering my sanity.

Sunday - movie day with the beautiful one (my wife) and play with the workshop supervisor and site safety co ordinator (Dogs).

Hope everyone else has a good weekend too!

Pat

(PS DanP, hope all goes well . . . )

I'll be packing the car and heading north. I will have visited Poepell's, Haddon's and Cameron's corners before I do too much more in the shed.

I might even have a cold one or two in the Mungerannie and Birdsville pubs and perhaps a couple whilst camping at the Dig Tree before fuelling up at Innamincka.

So don't expect to hear from me for a couple of weeks but when I return, I will make some fine shavings.
    - Wood Borer

Enjoy your break WB drive safely.

beejay1

http://community.webshots.com/user/eunos9

Thanks beejay,

It is mainly desert up there and fairly remote. It will be a bit different from your part of the world.
    - Wood Borer

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

8.00am pick up horse feed from stock and station who are having a special on
    10.00am attend clearing sale where their is a heap of timber
    12.00 got home, timber was crap and full of nails or borers, picked up two rolls of sight wire for $100 (brand new, still in wraps, $600 retail) and several lenghts of flexible hose for dust extraction ($4.00) and the legs off a hall mirror which I will clean up and reconstruct ($4.00).
    Get of this computer and go and have lunch and procrastinate.
    Tomorrow, pony club, drop off daughter and horse then go to Bunnies where I am in charge of the Scouts sausage sizzle, return to pony club, hook up float, load horse and daughter drive home, do sod all for rest of day, Monday SFA except SWMBO will be home so I'll probably be flat out.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Saturday

9.00 am - Opened shed and admired tool collection for a few minutes while contemplating what next to do on sideboard (currently under construction). Said G'day to bloke on roof next door.
    9.15 am - Remembered to put some water in windscreen washer tank on car. Also remembered to apply some car polish to mag wheels to prevent brake dust sticking to them and making them look sh!tty.
    9.30 am - Bloke on roof next door tells me he is about to spray paint said roof and offers to cover our cars with drop sheets. Very thoughtful of him. I accept.
    10.00 am - Continue to think about next step in construction of sideboard while checking out the BB.

Plans for rest of Saturday

Leisurely snack lunch at about 12 noon.

Wedding of young rellies followed by reception will take care of the afternoon and evening.

Sunday

Further contemplation of next step in construction of sideboard, accompanied by a cooling libation or two (choice of James Squire's IPA or Little Creatures PA minus the I). Maybe a bottle of red later.

Wonderful pastime, woodwork, innit?

Col
    Driver of the Forums
    Lord of the Manor of Upper Legover

My parents lobbed on doorstep Thursday arvo and have thrown all plans out the window. Still the grandies are having a ball.

I've got a load of Jarrah piled on the front law...sand heap and that need bringing in before some kids stands on a nail and sues me. I tried to pass the jarrah off to Derek because he has a better liability policy than me but he spotted all the nails and passed up on the offer.

I have got to return the Ford Transit campervan which I "borrowed" to give the folks a run as they are looking for a camper.

Our work truck is still at the injection doctor so I can't get the Bobcat and a load of roadbase to get the new shed pad underway.

SWMBO is spotting my idleness and threatening to put me on domestic chores. The dog needs a walk...

I think I'll just plaguerism Midge's shed layout a bit more and fill out those bloody planning submissions for the council...shovel some sand...nah wait for the bobcat. Got a quote to do (work) sigh...Least the super 12 is on Fox...and there's a coupla tinnies in the fridge

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

friday - watched the dogs go round with the dragons. this morning went shoping with Jane, got home and did some work in the shed rearranging storage and the 2 attached mini projects, - chopping board and tipping cup for a tipping comp for this years NRL comp with some mates of mine. swept the verandah then this arvie dig some holes for plants. tomorrow jane and I are going snorkelling at maitland bay on the central coast. theres a shallow wreck you can flip out to in about a metre of water its a 100 yr old collier (the Maitland ??? I dunno.)
    Zed

Hey Zed,

Your board is made up of end grain pieces yeah? Like a butcher's block?

What wood is it (blackwood by any chance?)

Looks good btw

Quote Originally Posted by craigb

So what does everybody have planned for their weekend?
    Plans for the weekend...trying to get an oil well drilled. On a dirty great jackup rig....everything painted battleship grey and not a stick of wood around.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by craigb
    Hey Zed,

Your board is made up of end grain pieces yeah? Like a butcher's block?

What wood is it (blackwood by any chance?)

Looks good btw

tassie blackwood end grain. chopped into 1 inch peices with a drop saw and glued up then some table routing, sanding then scraped clean.
    Zed

friday night: sampled new premium beer (boags st george) with neighbour very nice indeed.
    sat morning: woke earlyish 7am strangely unsteady on feet ,coffee, checked emails ,read some posts on wwf, then to the shed ,found the reason for unsteadyness of the feet (empty boags ,crown lager ,vb stubbies every where:eek: ) grabbed fencing tools ,fence posts, 2 rolls of wallaby proof wire did 200metres of fence line placed tools back in shed picked up emptys ,fed animals ,came in side sat on butt in front of pc with coffee

oh and tomorrow a mate is bringing his thicknesser up for me to run some 30mm x 120mm x 5.5 metre blackwood boards through then since it's a public holiday monday might have to sample some more beer then monday hook boat to car and go chase some trout then monday night 11 pm i start night shift

Default How'd ya go???

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    I'm not going to finish the toy boat,
    But I have the lead sealed, faired and a coat of silver frost- was going to spray with hammertone, but ran out of weekend
    the dust extraction,
    Well I got a few bits of gal strap cut to size ready to make some hangers and clamps.
    the little hold everything with plastic drawer thingos for the shed,
    Got the last of the bits milled and built a sled for the box joint jig so will have a good start over Easter
    The router table upgrade,
    Can't do anything while the bits of the sander are waiting to be turned into a Derek sharpener all over it!
    The boat racks
    moved the timber four times!
    or for that matter a dozen other projects that I'll do something on.
    Well I actually did get a few more shelves in the kitchen cupboards (18 months), as well as finishing a few bits in the bathroom cabinets (18 months) and I mounted (sorry - erected a couple of hose reels, did a spot of gardening, made some temporary framing for forthcoming big event......

I moved half a metre of gravel this arv, so I'm not going to do that either.
    Wrong!! - stuck a bunch of it on the sides of the fish pond with adhesive to give a more "natural" effect. (Yes Virginia, tile adhesive can be fun!)

With a bit of luck I'll catch up with Mr Willson and we'll ...
    Well that was a lot of luck really, a most enjoyable whiling of a few hours!

I'll just log on here with some pics of some unfinished bits of the garage I reckon.
    Even got to do that! I had to get the shelving out of storage so it was an opportune time to take a few photos!

Another great weekend....arriving at work tomorrow completely knackered, ready for a few days R&R!

cheers,

P

Saturday:
    Slept in, missus left at 6:30 to play golf.
    Got up, watched Simpsons, ate breakfast, chased kids around.
    Dragged the old drawing board up from the shed and drew up a 1:200 scale site plan.
    Cut out some 1:200 scale floor plans of houses we're looking at and made one of the shed (16 metres x 6.5 metres). Played around with that for an hour or so.
    Dragged my uncle out to the block to hold the end of the tape and checked a few things.
    Went back home and played Monopoly again.
    Went for a swim, had dinner, went upstairs for a glass of port or three.

Sunday:
    Same as Saturday but didn't leave the house until 4:30 when I took the kids to the beach.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."