Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

OWWW!!!! You hurt me!!!!!! When ya coming ter Beachport ya big girlyman?

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Hate to do the limp handbag bit, but I'm STILL off with this*&^%%$$# lurgy (I've had it a week come sat night). Worked half a day yesterday but had to come home after lunch when I realised I was incoherent even by my standards . Go see a doctor? Can't get in! Both the local surgeries are booked solid, my own has two of their five doctors off crook.

Richard
    starting to feel really off with himself

You guys are a hoot!

Too much commitment to work.

Simple solution: regular gargling with Bundy overproof (an excellent antibiotic) and don't spit it out afterwards ;-}

But yeah, it's hard to be ill gracefully.

Think of it as practice for your old age.
    Cheers, Ern

Of course we all want to do our duty to the economy..... but today is mental health day. I come first the economic welfare of the country second. Time to watch the rain, listen to the birds and avoid the chores I know its not 22April but eff the lot of them!
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

Well I'm fine today, apart from the occasional cough and nose blowing fiesta.

The Lurgy is making its way around work thanks to the bosses kid who got it from kindergarten then passed it around. Gotta love little kids

Quote Originally Posted by woodnut View Post
    OWWW!!!! You hurt me!!!!!! When ya coming ter Beachport ya big girlyman?
    When you sort out your fashion sense and get back into boats ya great barsteward

Richard

Fashion sense!!! ##### mate I ain't never had much sense of any sort but fasching sense certainly isn't one of any of 'em!
    Boats? Mate, I was in my boat yesterday, today and will get out again tomorrow, even with a serious Mancold too.

*cough* *hack* etc.

I'm fine. Haven't had a sicky in 5 years. Think I'll go for a run around the block.

But enough of my gloating - Daddles, I'm intrigued about this MG thing you said you had to suffer in the other morning. How about taking our minds off the aches and pains for a while by giving us a spellbinding history and general lowdown on this interesting vee-hickul. (I have a curiosity and appreciation of such things without roofs).

If you think it's too off topic for this particular off topic topic then start another thread, or send a PM.

Hope you get well soon all you festering pox carriers.
    Cheers, Bob the labrat

Measure once and.... the phone rings!

Apart from the dreaded lurgy there is also Manflu.

Quote Originally Posted by labr@ View Post
    But enough of my gloating - Daddles, I'm intrigued about this MG thing you said you had to suffer in the other morning. How about taking our minds off the aches and pains for a while by giving us a spellbinding history and general lowdown on this interesting vee-hickul. (I have a curiosity and appreciation of such things without roofs).
    You must mean the Little Red Rollerskate

Attachment 131668

I've had her ten years now and she's not my first MGB. My first was a gold, Aussie assembled Mk 2, the second was a chrome bumper GT that I bought straight out of a container from the US (with totally shot suspension, no brakes, trashed interior, etc) and converted to RHD - she was my baby son's and my only vehicle for two years and used to tow a small dog trailer for the two collies and basset cross.

This one though, I bought her a decade ago - another american import that had already been converted to RHD. She came with the yank delivery single downdraft Webber that robbed it of nearly all its power so, soon after buying her, I fitted a pair of SUs, took her for a flog in the hills ... and smoke started pouring out of the motor Took her to my local MG bloke who pulled the engine aparit - there wasn't a single broken part in that engine, not even a broken ring, but he did say she had the most worn motor he'd ever seen in running condition. This same bloke had given her a clean bill of health when I bought her so he was rather embarressed but in his defence, at that time, the motor had been smooth and smoke free with little noise except tappets and good oil pressure. She'd been so coked and gummed up that it took a severe flogging or two to burn out the muck ... which I'd enthusiastically provided. So the motor was rebuilt ... to stage one rally specs, which sounds impressive but is little more than a reground cam, and stuff like that - she just sounds a bit lumpy at the lights but pulls from nothing and revs like a motorbike. I also had the suspension lowered - the yanks had forced the car to be raised by 1 1/2 inches which ruined the handling, so I had her lowered back to chrome bumper height.

She looks pretty flash in the photo, but the RHD conversion used a cheap dash and the carpeting is a bit basic, even by MGB standards. The paintwork is now shot (rust spots all over it, scrapes and gouges on the left rear wing where my little daughter kept opening the Falcon's door against it). The motor still goes well though, especially now that I've found an old school mechanic who's workshop often includes Ferraris, Rovers, Morris' and now, an MG.

Funny story. When the ex decided that life with her sailing partner wouild be more fun than life with her family, she insisted that she take the MG ... and was shocked when I simply said 'okay' (I was supposed to get upset and fight apparently). Next day, it was mine again

Out of all my MGs, this is the one I have the least emotional attachment too, but not only is she now the longest owned, I wouldn't be surprised if I still have her in another decade. If shopping for another one, I'd own another Aussie Mk 2, and while this one lives under constant threat of being sold, I've yet to be pushed into a corner where I have to and with a teenage son who now has his licence and very heavy football committements (he plays Super League soccer), having two cars has proven a great boon to the family over the last few months.

Which has nothing to do with the lurgy which STILL has me firmly in its grip At least I've been able to potter in the shed, and it's a public holiday today, hopefully I can get to work tomorrow. It might sound boring wanting to go to work, but I'm paid as a casual so don't get paid when I'm off sick. With less than a grand in the bank, I can't afford another week off.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by scrapwood View Post
    Apart from the dreaded lurgy there is also Manflu.
    pfft.
    I reject your reality and cough and splutter all over it

I'm safe in this one, Jan's got the lurgy too and by her own admition, she's more of a song and dance about it than me

Richard

Good post about the car Richard - especially the bit re the ex. I give you an A+ for applied psychology
    Cheers, Bob the labrat

Measure once and.... the phone rings!

Quote Originally Posted by labr@ View Post
    Good post about the car Richard - especially the bit re the ex. I give you an A+ for applied psychology
    The sad part is, it wasn't applied psychology. I genuinely didn't care whether it went or not ... and still don't, because I'd rather own another Aussie Mk 2, and attitude which no doubt condemns me to owning this car until I rust away and get dumped in a nursing home.

Glad you enjoyed the read. Thanks

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    You'd have to start a new thread for that one Richard.
    The internet ain't that big