Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by makka619 View Post
    Sorry it was "buff it - by dulux" I had a look but it is not on thier site, it is similiar to Minnow on this link but a little darker Its in thier perfect schemes book 2004-5
    http://dulux.com.au/html/inspiration/colours_directions.aspx

No Minnow on that link. I will ask tomorrow at the store if there is a Dulux Buff It.

The link you showed me is directions in white. The walls are already done with the Antique White from there. What do you think of something like Ecru, China White or Hog Bristle for the single wall? Or is that a bit cack?
    Sorry Mikka

A blonde day!! more like china white - I know they say white but they have quite a bit of colour.

Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by celeste View Post
    Sorry Mikka

A blonde day!! more like china white - I know they say white but they have quite a bit of colour.

Celeste
    cool, I got a colour sample of Buff it, which is a off white colour. Looks nice.

You seem to know a bit about paint colours.. how can I find a colour similar to this in Dulux or Accent:

http://www.resene.co.nz/competition/...s/jul_room.jpg

Do you think this colour would look nice on the fireplace? Or is it too warm/dark? Or can you recommend a similar nicer burgandy/aubergine/maroon/red colour?

cool, I got a colour sample of Buff it, which is a off white colour. Looks nice.

You seem to know a bit about paint colours.. how can I find a colour similar to this in Dulux or Accent:

http://www.resene.co.nz/competition/...s/jul_room.jpg

Do you think this colour would look nice on the fireplace? Or is it too warm/dark? Or can you recommend a similar nicer burgandy/aubergine/maroon/red colour?
    Hi Makka

I have many, many colour charts!!

try

dulux - enchantress or dulcet violet (a touch lighter)
    accent - blackcurrent charm

any of the paint shops have the formulars for other brands colours.

Raphaelite RED! twill look way cool and classy.

Thankyou, I will look into these colours.

I got the enchantress sample. It looks so bright pinky/red. But it always looks lighter then when applied.

I hope it looks nice, because suede just isn't working for me.

Maybe I'm going blind as well as deaf but is there supposed to pictures in this thread??
    Have a nice day - Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Butcher View Post
    Maybe I'm going blind as well as deaf but is there supposed to pictures in this thread??
    Pics were there, but I cleaned up my picture account to fit more pics. I must have deleted these ones or there is a problem with the link. Shall look into it.

Hey Celeste, and anyone else who knows, what do you think of Stone Textures? There is a colour called Kaleidoscope which is a similar to the Enchantress but with the stone effect.

Is Stone as hard as Suede to apply? i.e do you need to use a brush and do crisscrosses to get the effect? Or is it a simple one that you can roll on?

EDITED
    http://www.wattyl.com.au/DIY/DIYGall...ature+Wall.htm
    I found the colour chart and is by Wattyl so I looked it up. Says I can apply it by roller. Not sure what the effect will be like, but I like the neat effect. Looks like she is painting my fireplace, it is exactly the same, but in the wrong colour!

Now, should I attempt to go for stone, or keep it in flat acrylic? I was not very good at applying Suede, but this time I would be applying it by roller so it can't be too hard can it?

Hey Celeste, and anyone else who knows, what do you think of Stone Textures? There is a colour called Kaleidoscope which is a similar to the Enchantress but with the stone effect.

Is Stone as hard as Suede to apply? i.e do you need to use a brush and do crisscrosses to get the effect? Or is it a simple one that you can roll on?

EDITED
    http://www.wattyl.com.au/DIY/DIYGall...ature+Wall.htm
    I found the colour chart and is by Wattyl so I looked it up. Says I can apply it by roller. Not sure what the effect will be like, but I like the neat effect. Looks like she is painting my fireplace, it is exactly the same, but in the wrong colour!

Hi Makka619

I have it in my bedroom - ruby red it is exactly the same as suede to apply, it has a larger pellet init so more like render look

Hey ruby red would be a good colour for you - it is a dark crimson.
    look great with black and whisper white. I will take a photo tomorrow for you.

Celeste

Now, should I attempt to go for stone, or keep it in flat acrylic? I was not very good at applying Suede, but this time I would be applying it by roller so it can't be too hard can it?

Thanks Celeste for all your help.

Hi makka619

Sorry, here are the photo's, note the photos do not do the colour justice.

Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by celeste View Post
    Hi makka619

Sorry, here are the photo's, note the photos do not do the colour justice.

Celeste

oh wow Celeste that colour looks brilliant! What colour is that? What a brilliant job on the suede in the bedroom.

I love the colour it in the bathroom, though I know it's the same colour, just different lighting - but how it appears, that's exactly the colour I was after. Or is it a different colour because it doesn't appear to be a suede? What colour would look like that from the charts - blackcurrent would be too purple... i need the same depth but with a burgandy tinge.

I haven't tried the sample pot yet... doing that tommorrow!

last question... The curtains in the fireplace room are green - will a red fireplace work with that?

Or should I paint the fireplace an olive green to match the curtains... then paint the bedroom feature wall in a red with burgandy/red curtains. So basically a green room and a red room.

Would it look funny if I painted the fireplace red with green curtains, then painted the bedroom wall green with red curtains?

oh wow Celeste that colour looks brilliant! What colour is that? What a brilliant job on the suede in the bedroom.

I love the colour it in the bathroom, though I know it's the same colour, just different lighting - but how it appears, that's exactly the colour I was after. Or is it a different colour because it doesn't appear to be a suede? What colour would look like that from the charts - blackcurrent would be too purple... i need the same depth but with a burgandy tinge.

I haven't tried the sample pot yet... doing that tommorrow!

last question... The curtains in the fireplace room are green - will a red fireplace work with that?

Or should I paint the fireplace an olive green to match the curtains... then paint the bedroom feature wall in a red with burgandy/red curtains. So basically a green room and a red room.

Would it look funny if I painted the fireplace red with green curtains, then painted the bedroom wall green with red curtains?
    Hi makka619

WOW that's alot of questions - anyway my colour is Wattyl Ruby Red and it is Stone not suede - bigger granule in it. The colour is a little deeper than the photo's appear. the bedroom wall and the bathroom wall is the same wall and its all suede.

Post a photo of your curtains or let me know what paint colour is the same. Generally Red goes with green as they are opposits on a colour wheel. but it depends on which green and which red.

celeste

Hi makka619

I meant to add - if you see a colour in stone or suede that you like but do not want stone or suede, I am sure you could get it made up in normal paint - tho I would go with a matt ( flat as possible ) finish to give a similiar look as suede etc. you would lose the look with satin or semi gloss etc. It's all got to do with how light reacts to the finish.

Celeste