Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tight Boots

I like redbacks and I coat them in Dubbin which seems to keep them soft and water proof to a degree.

Hey Woodborer, try cutting your toenails !!!!!!!!!!
    Or try going to a boot /shoe shop where they know what they are talking about [ not K Mart ]. There is a good one in Mona Vale.
    Planepig.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPanic
    Sounds like attended Kapooka under the same regime as I did, have never had a better fitting pair of boots
    It worked for me...I never had a better fitting pair of feet!
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Default Progress Report

Last night I soaked the boots (inside and out) in warm water for 20 minutes and then stuffed them with newspaper. They are now drying and hopefully by the weekend they will be dry enough to wear in the shed.

Not too worried if they are a bit sloppy as the only walking to be done in them is to the shed and in the shed.

- Wood Borer

and if you're looking for a pair of wide runners the widest ones on the market at the moment are Asics which have a 4E fitting in some styles - Rebel sport usually have some of the wide ones in stock. you'll pay for them but its very very definately worth it if you've got wide feet. I've got a second pair sat brand new in their box under the bed for when the ones I'm wearing have had it ... i hate it when I find a shoe that fits and then the buggers stop making them .

Does anyone knows where I can get extra wide football boots? so far I haven't found a source of them ( even from manufacturers who make wide runners ) and my feet are a sorry sight by the end of the lacrosse season.
    no-one said on their death bed I wish I spent more time in the office!

Thumbs up Belts and Braces

Well I used both methods.

Filled up the boots with warm water and soaked them in a bucket for 20 minutes and then stuffed them tightly with newspaper and left them for three days. SWMBO then bought some spray.

By the weekend they were far more comfortable and the odd spray here and there allowed me to wear them all day.

Thanks for the all the advice - it worked and now I can do woodwork in my shed with comfortable feet.

- Wood Borer

I find hands a lot easier

I was wondering what that sloshing noise was last weekend when we were out at the Tool Drool.

I wasnt going to say anything about it, I just thought you had guts ache.

Al

Thanks , I deserved that no, I am not harmless.

Al, thanks for being diplomatic about the sloshing noise. It was embarrassing for me especially seeing a pool of liquid at my feet wherever I stood. Great carpets in your car though, soaked up the pools without a trace.

One piece of advice that I didn't try was to pee in the boots. I guess if I had done that the noise of the blowies would have drowned out the sloshing hence the wise advice.

- Wood Borer