Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

After confirming my trim is also veneer and from what you sau about thickness Durwood I think it might be easier to live with the cracked varnish rather than attempt restoration.

jag nut,

I presume you have already tried the exotic wood sellers in Sydney. If not then start with Trend timbers- 02 4577 5277 They are out near Windsor. They may not stock it but would probably point you in the right direction.

I'm not so sure carz wanted plastic trim, he may have thought what he had was such but may not have been.

Also the makers of the iron on veneer available at Bunnings (consolidated edgings) may be worth a call. They probably don't stock it but would be in the know.

Don't throw away the bits of veneer if you still have them. The veneer is so rough that when its glued flat there can be big gaps which the old bits will come in handy to fill.

Bleedin Thumb.

Don't be so quick to give up, its not that hard! Have a crack at it. If you are really worried get a bit from a wreck or a bit of furnature and experiment. The bits would be as bad as yours and you should not have to pay much, if you do stuff it up, No harm done but if you take it easy it will work no problem. The fact its cracked already means its going to be easy to get the stripper to soften the clear.

Iv'e had 16 year old apprentices do it, if they can do so when they have no interest and they don't own the vehicle then you should have no hassle doing your own pride and Joy.

hi, Bleeding Thumb, I have a Triumph with wood trim, what I did was rub them back lightly and use Birchwood Caseys Gun Stock oil and build up the coats. It was reccomended to apply a finishing coat of the birchwood finishing wax, but I didnt get around to that. I would have done the timberwork between '98 and 2000/01 and its holding up ok (little bit of wear on the drivers side door where my arm rests) If it starts to wear a bit, I just rub back lightly with steel wool and reapply the oil. Not sure if it is recommended for this type of application, but have you seen the finish on some gun stocks, nice as, even with the wear they take
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
    for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    ....................... .......................