Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs
    Mick
    I like cliffs idea using a 12v immersion heater but the problem would be transfering the heat to the gas ,
    Maybe get some of that bog nerds use, you know they use it to glue the heat sink to the hot thing.
    Ya know what I mean!!

Al

Quote Originally Posted by David L
    Mick, one element each for 12v & 240v so you would probably only need to buy one.
    It will work far more efficient on gas, and draws a lot of power from your battery for little benifit. Fill with cold stuff and bring the temp right down before you leave you will be surprised how cold it will stay during the day.
    Also roll the unit over a few times before use to get the gas loosened up.
    David
    David,
    unfortunately both elements are gone, the 12V one has a dead short and the 240 is open circuit. :mad:

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Al,
    Sorry I should have been more explicit, I was reffering to the refrigerant gas.
    The guy at the local gas shop told me that one, apparently the refrigerant settles when the unit is sitting unused for a time and needs to be stirred up to get it moving again for use.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David L
    Al,
    Sorry I should have been more explicit, I was reffering to the refrigerant gas.
    The guy at the local gas shop told me that one, apparently the refrigerant settles when the unit is sitting unused for a time and needs to be stirred up to get it moving again for use.
    David
    Yeah, I had a large domestic gas fridge (about 180L) that I sold after it had sat for a few years. The bloke that bought it couldn't get it running. I spoke to a fridgie who told me to tie it on the back of the truck, upside down and take it for a four wheel drive :eek: . It worked fine after that!

Mick

- Henry Ford 1938

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman Mick
    the 12V one has a dead short
    I think you will find that there is sod all resistance in an element and there may not be a short at all, like everyone else is saying (I have one too with an inoperative 12v) the 12v is as useless as whatever and any air disturbance around the element will render it useless.
    I just freeze a two litre orange juice bottle full of water to get me where I'm going.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

No. it was definitely working before, used to keep things pretty cool, never measured the resistance before, but I'm pretty sure it would have been more than 0 ohms

Mick

- Henry Ford 1938