Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

i ended up speaking to loads of people includeing tech and reps and ended up with....about townsville and north some people lay it foil up and i can only assume that because of the heat the wool is not enough to prevent condensation so its better to not have the wool getting wet...but down here in brissy the wool will be good enough to prevent cond and it wont end up gettin wet....thanks to all for the input

Post Thanks / Like

The product that insulates the roof from heat is the FOIL.
    The Blanket creates the air gap between sheet and foil.

The Blanket acts as a sound deadener.

You can use foil only and get heat effective heat relief.

Blanket makes for more enjoyable conditions as rain on roof sound nice when light but deafing when heavy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by russ34 View Post
    i ended up speaking to loads of people includeing tech and reps and ended up with....about townsville and north some people lay it foil up and i can only assume that because of the heat the wool is not enough to prevent condensation so its better to not have the wool getting wet...but down here in brissy the wool will be good enough to prevent cond and it wont end up gettin wet....thanks to all for the input
    I suppose it is a mute argument now as you have decided to do it the correct way any way.

But if the wool is against the sheeting and the foil is underneath you will not get condensation on the underside of the roof sheeting but if it is done the other way around although it will be minimal you will get some condensation on the underside of the roof sheeting.

The other thing that will happen is the wool will absorb moisture from the atmosphere of the roof space if the wool is put on the underside of the foil and much more so in a humid climate thus reducing the effectivness of the insulation.

As a rep and manager for Lysaght's I have attended 100's of commercial building sites and not one of them has ever had the Anticon laid with wool down.

Linden

From my experience what you are saying doesn't make any sense to me.