Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ponderings

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    3. Why does the time of day affect radio reception?
    As the earth spins through out the day you are getting further and further away from the radio station transmitter. The radio dial need to be adjusted to compensate for this. Either that or the ants want to change the dial to JJJ .... they can only move the dial a small fraction at a time as they are so whacked on caffine ..... they get so each day at you changing the dial again they gang up and steal your coffee, unbknown to they that it is simply your waste ..... it reall is a vicious cycle.
    Now proudly sponsored by Binford Tools. Be sure to check out the Binford 6100 - available now at any good tool retailer.

Ants don't have eyebrows.

However long ago they found that if they painted eyebrows on themselves they made themselves pretty darned attractive to the Queen....

As anyone who has spilt coffee on a white shirt can attest, coffee makes a great brown stain...perfect for eyebrow painting. Let's just say there hasn't been too much meter reading going on in the old ant colony at your place for quite some time!

As for the buzz.... Radio National overlays a buzz during the day which is designed as a free service to people with pacemakers similar to captions on tele for those with hearing impairment. A non-variable speed pacemaker is just plain boring, wake up, go to work, go home, go to sleep, all at the same pace.

By starting the day with "no Buzz" and varying the volume and frequency during the day, pacemaker wearers can no enjoy the experiences of normal people...slightly hung over and drowsy at first, a bit of a pick up after the morning coffee, slow again after lunch...and so on.

The apparent disappearance of the buzz when you move the radio relative to the PC is just coincidence, and is really normal programming patterning.

I hope all is now clear,

Respectfully,

Dr Karl Midge

Silent c and Ants,
    Your radio drifts in frequency by the description given. Try turning off the monitor and see if the interference is reduced. Are you tuning AM or FM band ? I guess ants could be addicted to coffee or sugar. I'll see if I can train some here to do likewise.
    Most small transistor radios drift a little after turning on and settle down after awhile.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

I do not have caffeine in my girnals, nor mice nor RF, the horses have taken it all!
    Now stop ye greetin!
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Ahhhh. But there is a solution to these problems....

Line your toilet with silver foil and ground it.

Relocate your office into the loo.

This will eliminate interference to your radio if it is in another room.

Now the ants will be bombarded by the radiation bouncing off all the walls till it gets em all.

Throw your coffee dregs under your seat and flush them away.

Just arise slightly while doing so or it may be a case of wet girnals.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

SILENTC
    WARNING! :eek: WARNING! :eek: WARNING! :eek:
    Keep the ants away from the coffee. When they ingest caffeine they become ANTisocial, recalcitrANT, arrogANT, malignANT, extravagANT, impertinANT,......etc etc
    regards
    Termite