Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Only watched the races on TV but I thought Geelong looked great. I think last time I was there it was raining but it really looked like a different place. Well done, I say.

On my first visit to Geelong (mega years ago) there were signs on shops 'God shops here.' Locals know what I mean but I was completely confused at the time.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigeo View Post
    I don't see why I need to read the Geelong Newspaper...its not available in Adelaide anyway.

FYI there were a total of four courses at the UCI event:

1. The Elite Mens Road Race - Running from Geelong to Melbourne
    2. The Geelong Road race circuit - entirely in Geelong.
    3. The Time Trial Elite circuit - entirely in Geelong.
    4. The Under 23 Time Trial circuit - entirely in Geelong.

Four circuits - three of them in Geelong and the fourth starting in Geelong and finishing in Melbourne.

As I've correctly already stated...the event has been widely advertised in bike mags as a Geelong event and I stand by that assertion. Ive just done a quick Google and it was also widely advertised as a Geelong event on numerous sites.

Cheers Martin
    Kiwi all courses were in Geelong, Elite mens started in Melb came to Gelong and did 11 laps of the course 15k or something like that.

undies

Quote Originally Posted by minus459 View Post
    Kiwi all courses were in Geelong, Elite mens started in Melb came to Gelong and did 11 laps of the course 15k or something like that.

undies
    My mistake...I didnt note the arrows on the course map.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Kiwi
    The best part of the bike race was the
    end.
    Now we are back to normal.Or
    As someone put it the other day,when talking to them was.It is like we are in jail.
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.

Best thing to happen in geelong since they won the AFL grand final.

Best advertising world wide for Geelong & Australia.

Only once in a lifetime down under so the wowsers will have nothing to complain about again but they will welcome the extra people visiting geelong and spending their tourist dollars.
    Jim Carroll
    One Good Turn Deserves Another. CWS, Vicmarc, Robert Sorby, Woodcut, Tormek, Woodfast
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Carroll View Post
    Best thing to happen in geelong since they won the AFL grand final.

Best advertising world wide for Geelong & Australia.

Only once in a lifetime down under so the wowsers will have nothing to complain about again but they will welcome the extra people visiting geelong and spending their tourist dollars.
    Wowser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wowser was originally a slang expression, most commonly heard in Australian and New Zealand English. It originated in Australia, at first carrying a similar meaning to 'lout', i.e. an annoying or disruptive person, or even a prostitute. In around 1900 it shifted to its present meaning: one whose sense

So they are different to annoying little garden gnomes are they?
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE View Post
    Kiwi
    The best part of the bike race was the
    end.
    Now we are back to normal.Or
    As someone put it the other day,when talking to them was.It is like we are in jail.
    Yes I agree....the best part of any bike race is the end...I love a good sprint

One stage of the Tour Down Under goes past my house.....it happens every year. I can't get my car in or out of my driveway for the best part of a day. A bit inconvenient but the TDU brings in a huge amount of tourists and their money to SA so I don't have a great objection to the event and get into the spirit of the race. This year I even rode one of the stages...a good excuse to get on a bike and work off some fat.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)