Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner View Post
    Hey Rob swing by the shop as I have aBoroondara bin in the shop no joke.
    You can just take it, save the hassle with the council.

Al
    Got dropped off by the recycling truck this morning...
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

In the back of that truck you just bought, Al

I feel your frustration, Rob. Roll on moving day...

Cheers.................Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Echoing Wendy!

Rob, I just wanted to know how jolly envious I am (in a nice way) of what you and Meg are doing.

With the resourcefulness of the two of you, I'm sure it'll be a roaring success.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    that this onus is put on you with the threat of loss of licence until 'you' provide the info.
    The true meaning of "User Pays"...

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

Wait till the recycling truck comes again and make a Citizens Arrest?

I'm probably being a bit naive here, but why wouldn't the bloke driving the truck just throw the bin back onto the footpath? The sequence would go like this, drive, stop, pick up bin, put bin down, drive, stop, pick up bin, put bin..... hang on, the bins not there, must be in the back of the truck, I'll just nip out and retrieve it, drive, stop, pick up bin, put bin down...
    Dan

A modern garbo actually doing something strenuous... like getting out of his comfy seat in an air-conditioned cab?
    ROFL! Surely you jest!?
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Auld Bassoon View Post
    The true meaning of "User Pays"...
    No, loser pays
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Just sounds like my stupid council Stonnington, some time back we received a letter stating that they had found some funds to plant trees along the road and that we could nominate where we wanted them. A few weeks later a contractor was out there planting these native trees down the street. the very next day a seperate contractor was out cutting down the trees that had been there as long as i could remember, spoke with contractor who informed me that the council had engaged him to cut down all the non native mature trees.

Where is ther logic, they were healthy and brought character to the area.

Another time i was out in autumn raking up the leaves that had fallen on the drive and footpath and swept them in the street. Council ranger saw me and gave me an on the spot fine for placing my garden waste in the road. Pointed out that i have no tress that lost there leaves and they were actually councils trees, and was doing the right thing by cleaning the footpath so that no one whould slip and injure them selves.
    The stupid B!@#ards took me to court for refusing to pay and magistrate look at the charge and dismissed straight away.
    Stonnington Council Suck's and they love to waste money

Move... and the sooner the better... mind you country councils have their own version of petty minded "I am a tin god" personas as well but all up its a far better world away from the city
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

on the spot fine for placing my garden waste in the road
    They should have fined you for polluting the waterways

Couple of years ago new council driver comes along pickes ours up empties it then when trying to put it down gets it caught in tree above truck height. When we finally got it down the lid and 2 wheels were damaged that we had to pay for. We had photos of it in the tree and council wanted to know why I put it up there.

Tony
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

Thanks Al for the kind offer but I will get these dogs.

We live in a community of which we all should contribute in any way we can.

The intended role of councils is to be pivotal in the community by using our rates to not only sweep the streets and empty our bins but to look ahead so that buildings etc are consistent with the long term ideas of the community.

Our council keeps rattling on about volunteering and all joining together to make life better and the community stronger and a better place blah blah blah.

Great stuff, has my support but what got up my nose is that Meg's word over something as petty as a rubbish bin is not good enough for them. No, they want a legal document.

Where I come from and in circles I choose to be associated with, word of mouth and trust rate quite highly. This includes most people on this Bulletin Board. Sadly not with our local council.

No reply yet from the local councillor, he probably thinks I will cool off and let the matter drop - flawed thinking on his behalf.
    - Wood Borer

Pretty annoying situation WB, and hopefully the council you move to will surprise you with their attitude...postive thoughts, positive thoughts!! We're in a country shire, but one that has its fair share of suburban-like estates amid farmland. Said estates have it all laid on, with underground power, town water, wheelie-bin rubbish service, and even mail delivery!!:eek: We have inherited a wheelie bin from the city and once a fortnight I bung it on the ute and drive to the local tip...where I do a bit of junk liberation too. No dramas, not really a chore, but then a new estate opened up down the way, a dead end road, and the rubbish truck went past our driveway once a week...twice if you count the return trip! The wife gets the idea that I don't need to go to the tip (prolly to remove temptation by junk) and we put the wheelie bin out for collection. For 2 weeks they stopped and emptied it, but after that they ignored it! Turns out they must have checked with the council bean-counters, and as we don't pay that particular service levy, they won't collect the bin! At least they haven't billed us for the 2 pick-ups...yet!!
    Oh well, back to the fortnighly tip run, and those tempting bits of hoop pine, silky oak and western red...

Cheers,
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

Great Email WoodBorer!!!

Sock it to them!!!!!!

I suppose it would be a bit much to have the letter published in your local newsapaper

can't help but hope they reply....

cheers
    Wendy