Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ben if you have the desire to cut and shape wood in a non-sharp sorta way you could consider a scroll saw - I've tried to cut myself a number of times with no success. Of course be safe and use the usual dust precautions - fan - mask etc.

Good luck mate.
    Cheers

TEEJAY

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

(Man was born to hunt and kill)

Yep the scoll saw!!! Bloody brilliant way of non blood letting woodworking... see it will soon end up tossed under the bench in some dark forgotten corner as you become increasingly phissed of with the thing and no blood letting... just dont buy any other tools and you will be safe!

No seriously... a table saw? cuts like buggary if your not on your toes ALL THE TIME Bandysaw? one slip and goodbye fingers or hand the jointer one wrong move and its no finger tips thicknesser one wrong thing and goodbuy fingers... what else? oh the lathe on inattentive moment and your wearing either a bloody great chunk of timber or youve got a chisel stuck in yer noggin... as for sanders!! man take yer skin of in a blink!! drills? You would think youd be safe with a drill eh? nope evil buggars are drills one dumb stupid moment that everyone has one rushed job too many and its major surgury lack of movement in the finger or hand and loss of blood router? yep whirring steel bits one finger in the wrong spot and good by finger hello mincemeat...
    No dont get machines even a simple little scroll saw actually has a blade... doesnt go fast enough to do SERIOUS damage but still blood letting is blood letting eh?

Nope stick with the dark arts I say... mind you I should actually try taking my own advice eh? but someone has to be the test pilot eh? Ive accepted the challenge
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Iam kind of in the no brushing teeth zone at the moment and even papercuts might be potentially deadly.

.Theres certainly no temptation to play with anything sharp. Its great how the prospect of death can ease the burden

I'am getting a transfusion done monday which should help.

B
    Art has now be-come
    Sim-ply an ex-cuse to sit
    In the Sun . What Fun!
    BC-haiku

I got the latest blood test result today.
    My blood counts are looking a little better and are responding to treatments.
    Great news but what we want to see is it all stablising and returning to normal. Quite a few weeks yet i'd say.
    Iam getting a lot of jewellery design done but jeez i'd love to have a shave.

Ben
    Art has now be-come
    In the Sun . What Fun!
    BC-haiku

Great news Ben

Hope the time goes quickly for you. So, just how big will the new jewellry box have to be

cheers
    Wendy

Good news there Ben, keep us informed with your progress, and my previous offer still stands
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Hi Ben,
    Good news, just take it easy. I go for my Chemo again on Wednesday,I had a blood test yesterday so I am hoping that the count has finally come down further. I was a 1032 four weeks ago, a long way yet down to 4.
    The Chemo knocks you around, but underneath it's doing you good I hope.
    OK, all the best,
    Cheers,
    Ron.

Hi Ron and Ben,
    Good luck to you both, makes normal everyday problems look pretty miniscule.
    I like the suggestions made, of drawing, and reading up too. Any decent design or woodwork stuff in your local library? Any scanned drawings to share with us even!?
    Cheers for now.

Regards,
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by rona View Post
    Hi Ben,
    Good news, just take it easy. I go for my Chemo again on Wednesday,I had a blood test yesterday so I am hoping that the count has finally come down further. I was a 1032 four weeks ago, a long way yet down to 4.
    The Chemo knocks you around, but underneath it's doing you good I hope.
    OK, all the best,
    Cheers,
    Ron.
    Ta. Yes all the best for yourself.

This mishap with my chemo has been unfortunate, but it may have done me a lot of good on the cancer front.
    Art has now be-come
    In the Sun . What Fun!
    BC-haiku

I was banned from the shed for twelve weeks with a severed nerve and tendon in a finger, not even in the same paddock as you blokes, but I found some solace in pyrography, burnt patterns on bits of wood, paper, leather, even the table cloth. Don't recommend that, the wound from swmbo, was far more serious.. I wish for you both good progress.
    Jim
    Sometimes in the daily challenges that life gives us, we miss what is really important...

Hi fellas,
    just had a visit from my Doctor,and the result of my bloodtest last Thursday was excellent, I have dropped down to 780 from 1032 four weeks ago,It has taken a long time and a lot of perserverance to try and get there.
    Thanks for all you kind remarks,

Cheers,
    Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by rona View Post
    Hi fellas,
    just had a visit from my Doctor,and the result of my bloodtest last Thursday was excellent, I have dropped down to 780 from 1032 four weeks ago,It has taken a long time and a lot of perserverance to try and get there.
    Thanks for all you kind remarks,

Cheers,
    Ron.
    Thats fantastic Ron. I'll see your good news and raise you one.

I got this mornings blood results. Both my Platelet count and White cell count are reasonable. The platelets have dropped a little but within acceptable levels. The WCC count has risen.
    My Doctor is very happy with this because it means that my natural system appears to be still functional
    Art has now be-come
    In the Sun . What Fun!
    BC-haiku

woo hoo well done guys, it is good to hear, keep us informed as you improve
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Best of luck to you guys. keep us informed.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Great news fella's
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com