Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Motor home

The cheapest place we found to rent cars was via Backpackers hostels. Might be worth a look at.

Default backpackers

Do I get wheels with that one ? Or is that a thumbing job.
    When I was 16 I thumbed from London to Milan (italy) in 3 days. Took me about 2 weeks to get back to London (was on a 7 day firms holdiday) I was getting a bit dishevelled I think and they wouldn't pick me up.

Interested if you put up the link to the backpackers ( it might make me feel young again perhaps)
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

What Woodborer said but be careful in Cobram as one of the BB's will be watching.
    Drop in for a snort if you are going to Phillip Island to see the show put on by the penguins and Japanese tourists, we are on the way, no admission and you may even take some authentic Australian Pony droppings away as a souvenir
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Gooday. If you are heading down to The Island and Iains I am on the way. Call in for a cuppa.

Do a search on backpackers and hostels. Don't be fooled by the name, some of these places have 4 star accommodation at budget prices.

This gives you some idea of the prices. Perth based I know but it is the first I found.

http://www.clubred.com.au/hire.htm

Default visits

Nice Album Ian, weve got some riders in our family too.

Robo, Thanks , I thought you were having me on (backpacking at 67, not likely)
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by jow104
    Robo, Thanks , I thought you were having me on (backpacking at 67, not likely)
    Would I do that?

No Comment
    What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
    Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)

There again, there is this mob called Wicked Campers, who have a rather simple approach to fitting out campers http://www.wickedcampers.com.au
    and their prices run rather competitively lower than the mainstream bunch.

Good luck!

P

Default wicked vans

Thank you bitingmidge

Sent off an enquiry to the above, although Mrs. Woody is rather concerned re their title.

Will keep in touch.
    woody U.K.

Default mileages

Can anyone please help with a link to mileages between towns chart for Australia . Victoria (melbourne to the east coast, north to sydney and brisbane mileages required)
    woody U.K.

WhereIs can give you distances and a trip map.

eg.
    TO: CITY CENTER MELBOURNE Victoria
    1674.27 km (shortest route)

To go along the coast, you will need to add a stretch at a time.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

My place to 's, about 20km.
    My place to Brudda's about 100km.
    Melb to Syd about 800 to 1100km depending upon which way you go, fuel is rarely going to be a problem and most servo's are 24hour these days on major routes.
    Hey, we even have McDonalds, KFC as well as a few others, including Pizza Hut (Ughh) Domino's (worse) and the ubiquitous hamburger joints along the way, vary from place to place.
    Pub food is generally good and reasonably priced and fuel prices are outrageous.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Default mileages

To Dylan S = that was a good one, very useful even printed the routes between iain and other locations.

Thanks Iain, We nearly took a flight offer up for this Wednesday evening (u.K.)but it was pushing it a bit.
    £505 + 125 extras.

Wicked campers rates are definately the lowest and insurance rates are very reasonable.
    woody U.K.

jow104, this site may be of some use to you..

www.travelmate.com.au
    I try and do new things twice.. the first time to see if I can do it.. the second time to see if I like it
    Kev

John, don't go to Victoria, its full of Mexicans. Come to the land of sand, it'll be hot as hell, full of flys, blowflies, tiger snakes and redback spiders, also heaps of Pommy Backpackers serving the beeer in pubs.

Another great Ad for WA

Cheers (from little england)
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}