Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Packaging??

I mention the antiques because I know that just a bit further down the road from you there's heaps of antique shops. Including that old apple packing place (or whatever it is) thats been turned into a big antique store.

Most of it's rubbish though.

Still interesting for a butchers-hook.

Ben.

My biggest gripe is a packet of Tim Tams. There are 11 in a packet.
    You can share it equally with one or eleven. If they put one more in you could keep 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12 people happy.

scotty

Default No problem

Quote Originally Posted by ivanavitch
    You can share it equally with one or eleven. If they put one more in you could keep 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12 people happy.

scotty
    I can't see the problem here, either it it all yourself, or make a noble sacrifice and eat the offending leftover ones so as to avoid any arguemants amongst the sharees.

Mick (dark chocaholic)
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

journeyman Mick.
    When you say "dark chocaholic" are you refering to the chocolate or are you a closet chocaholic like me
    Kind regards
    Termite

Or do you mean that you have gained a deep tan colour?
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Originally Posted by ivanavitch

You can share it equally with one or eleven
    Scotty,

Your problem is obvious...I don't know anyone who buys Tim Tams by the PACKET. Buy them by the CARTON, and hand out a packet at a time....

(How do these people live???)

P
    Six pack a day man.

Digressing back to the original question for a second, another possible explanation if there is more or less than there should be in a packet is that a lot of nuts/bolts are put together in gaols. The companies that use this labor profit from slave rates and the cons get a couple of bob for doing it, and I doubt very much that they give a hoot if you get 4 nuts, one washer and three bolts.

On a visit to one of her majesties finest establishments about five years ago (doing risk assessments bum-against-the-wall style, not as an invitee of the state) I witnessed one grey matter challenged lune who was getting great satisfaction at the collection of bolts in front of him. I've never put another nail, screw, bolt, ... in my mouth since.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Sheltered workshops is another place to escalate prices, the contents of these establishments get paid sod all, the place is government subsidised and they screw you for top dollar.
    Many moons ago we manufactured fishing lures and approached one of the aforementioned establishments for a quote on packaging, the lure was about the size of a #3 Celta and we were quoted $2 per unit.
    Private industry did the job for 9 cents and smiled when they got the work, and the boss drove a Mercedes Kompressor.
    Could explain the pricing on pre packaged items and helping the needy (ho ho ho)
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.