Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Echidna,

my wife just told me to tell you that (in her opinion), it stands for

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Cheers,
    Andrew

That's exactly why you MUST OVERLOOK her.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Default And the lamp

Oh, and while you're at it, restain/repaint/reglaze/whatever that lamp. It too is the wrong shade of brown.
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Quote Originally Posted by arose62
    Echidna,

my wife just told me to tell you that (in her opinion), it stands for

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Yes that is true - but only when she is dressed up in a Nurses outfit and carrying a whip - all other times it is She Who May Be Obeyed.

Soooo, if she wants you to do what she says - explain to her what the appropriate clothing and appliances are!!!
    There was a young boy called Wyatt
    Who was awfully quiet
    And then one day
    He faded away
    Because he overused White

Floorsanding in Canberra and Albury.....

For padded insert type beadhead I'd be thinking make a frame (with top horizontal arced) from wood say 50mm wide by 25mm thick. Upholstered rectangle (arced on top) of chipboard drops in to sit on rebate or is held in place with figure 8 clips from behind.
    Rusty

Point number one with the possible exception of crapiata pinr the intentional changing of a timbers colour is simply a crime and should never be done! IMHO.

Option one do what I do with customers who spout such rubbish tell them their taste is simplistic and unrefined to pay up and shutup.

option 2 Respond to your wife "Who asked you"

option 3 tell you wife that you value her opinion but the is suffering an appaling lack of aesthetic maturity probably the result of decades of being exposed to crap production furniture and suggest she just make an effort to educate her tastes to be a bit more in line with reality as you decree it.

option 4 respond to her comments with "Yeh whatever, when you can make furniture then we can talk about timber colour"

option 5 and this is my real response to almost anyone (customers). That timber furniture needing to match is a load of bollocks a holdover from the fifties where everything was made of teak and only teak. That in my professional opinion there is no such thing as clashing timbers only laminex.
    That I would rather Pi$$ fishhooks than change the colour of a piece of timber to match some grossly outmoded concept of imposing our palette of colour on nature.

Ross
    Ross
    "All government in essence," says Emerson, "is tyranny." It matters not whether it is government by divine right or majority rule. In every instance its aim is the absolute subordination of the individual.

Default Choices

Opt for the divorce. it is cheaper and more fun

Mike

Hey Phil,

You don't state your age, so just in case it is relevant: The padded headboard screwed to the wall will stop your hair falling out by the rubbing of your head on the current headboard during activities that cause your toe nails to tear the bedlinnen!

It doesn't decrease the pleasure I'm told.

Joe, you seem to have aged rather suddenly???
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Speaking as one who is the SWHBObeyed who has a HWMNBO (He who must not be obeyed), I would have simply taken the opportunity to either buy a new bed - whoo hoo!!! retail therapy time where's the credit card.!!!!!! or being the woody type who aims-to-make-all-the-wood-stuff-that-enters-the-house.. just simply try to make a new bed, or bed head.

Cheers
    RufflyRustic

Quote Originally Posted by rufflyrustic
    Speaking as one who is the SWHBObeyed who has a HWMNBO (He who must not be obeyed), I would have simply taken the opportunity to either buy a new bed - whoo hoo!!! retail therapy time where's the credit card.!!!!!! or being the woody type who aims-to-make-all-the-wood-stuff-that-enters-the-house.. just simply try to make a new bed, or bed head.

Cheers
    RufflyRustic
    So what sorta cross stitch is HWMNBO in to.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Sounds like you will just have to build more to match
    OR
    sell the existing bedsides for an exorbident price, buy more tools & build more tables to match. This might take a few attempts untill you have the correct tools.
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.
    Abrasives can be just as dangerous as a blade.....and 10 times more painfull.

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna
    So what sorta cross stitch is HWMNBO in to.
    metal welding of course He's metal and cars, I'm wood.
    cheers
    RufflyRustic

Come on Ross, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think.
    Bob

"If a man is after money, he's money mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a never-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets it without working for it; he's a parasite; and if he accumulates it after a life time of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life."
    - Vic Oliver