Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: legal question

Dan you evil man - that is very close to an old NSW Detective's trick - write the P.O.I.'s record into your note book before the arrest, then make a passing reference to something written in your notes - innocent defence council jumps on this & demands your notebook be produced - suddenly P.O.I.'s entire previous criminal history is entered into court records as evidence - PRODUCED BY THE DEFENCE. I'm surprised they would still fall for it.

Thanks all,
    I have no intention of taking this matter to court and I don't think that I could anyway as I'm a poor pensioner at the moment. Just to clarify, I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't end up in court (in the dock) for having made the recording. And to all those that are worried that I'm letting this get to me, it's okay there's much more serious issues I'm dealing with so this only gets looked at when there's time and inclination. (see the poll regarding being informed if you're about to die if you want to see how insignificant this matter is in comparison to other issues in my life)

However the importance of this issue was reinforced this afternoon when I came within minutes of being killed by a train whilst fighting a fire. :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hint: I did all the right things.
    My crew did all the right things.
    Railways did all the right things, given the information they were supplied.
    One or more government employees did not do their jobs properly.
    I have written to Workplace Health and Safety
    I'm a little upset! (but not too upset, I'm still alive and I've just been given someone else's smoking gun on a platter. )

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Quote Originally Posted by bsrlee
    Dan you evil man - that is very close to an old NSW Detective's trick - write the P.O.I.'s record into your note book before the arrest, then make a passing reference to something written in your notes - innocent defence council jumps on this & demands your notebook be produced - suddenly P.O.I.'s entire previous criminal history is entered into court records as evidence - PRODUCED BY THE DEFENCE. I'm surprised they would still fall for it.
    That was not my point. It is a good trick though. Have seen it done with a bloke who had priors for beastiality and aggravated cruelty...

Mick, As far as I can see, you've committed no offence.

Dan
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

Default Curious

Mick I am a fire warden and without going into detail is the problem with urban or rural.

Arch

Arch,
    without going into details, I've never experienced or witnessed any problems with volunteers or any RFS staff. This leaves.......

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Either have I Mick only with the policy makers who have only ever seen a fire on TV.

Don't back off mate give it to em.

Arch

:eek:

Glad you are still with us Mick

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    | .....BIGGER ......._____| | ...BEER TRUCK.....| ||´|";,___.
    |_..._...__________/====|_..._..._______==|=||_|__|..., ] -
    "(@)´(@)"""´´" *|(@)(@) "(@)´(@)"""´´"*|(@)(@)****(@)

very interesting discussion... let me add : in a telco sense (in oz) if you record a conversation the recording must be mutually consentual, all parties fully aware and have an audible beep every 15 secs +/- 3 secs.
    Zed