Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

We have the "Do Not Call" joke here too.

Besides all the politicians, charities and every other loophole not even to mention those that just ignore it we found the only solution to it is just to turn off the bells and turn them on when and if we need to for some reason.

For those few times that we have the bells on and some {foul reference} gets through I make it a point to tell them that they will never get my business, my vote, whatever and I let everyone I know be aware of it too. Loathe these {vile} abusers.

Someone we care about wants us, email is the way to go.

They just don't seem to care that this is MY personal phone that *I* pay for it, they don't. Spam is spam, whatever the medium.

Disgusting that all the sell outs for loopholes got in there, damn fine thing it is [/sarc][/disgust].

Yeah, that is how I really feel .
    Last edited by Fox3; 7th May 2007 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typos, sigh...

We got a call some weeks ago right on tea time, someone was asking to speak to my missus.

I just said no you cant f&^% off, and just hung up.

Turned out to be the dentist just confirming her next appointment.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Groggy View Post
    I haven't had a nuisance call for 24hrs, fingers crossed.

I had one last night.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner View Post
    Turned out to be the dentist just confirming her next appointment.

Al

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

I had one last night.

Al
    Hey! I just got that!

I just ask them to hang on a minute. Then I put the phone down and go back to whatever it was I was doing. Never had one hang on for longer than 15 minutes. Ties up the phone, but saves arguing with them and (this is the part I like), it costs them money to wait....
    Bob C.

Never give up.

Have tried most of the ways to deter these grubs/vermin, sometimes humourous, polite, nasty, time wasting etc

but - a couple of months ago I read in the Sunday papers that heap of the call centre people were going off on stress leave ....."...because of all of the nasty abusive replies" ... they were getting from Australians they had called.

So ... from then on - "don't care who you are, what you are representing - if you call me and you fall into the category of a SPAM call - expect a "gobfull" because that is what you will get.

As for a Pollie, religious group, charity or survey collector being exempt from the do not call register - get real spam is spam - it's my phone, I pay for it, it's there for my convenience - not yours - so deal with it and don't call me - unless you want to get your ears dewaxed when I start.

Perhaps it won't work but geez I feel better afterwards - I see it as performing a community service.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob38S View Post

As for a Pollie, religious group, charity or survey collector being exempt from the do not call register - get real spam is spam - it's my phone, I pay for it, it's there for my convenience - not yours - so deal with it and don't call me - unless you want to get your ears dewaxed when I start.
    The Do Not Call register is just a waste of time if they are exempt.

All you are doing is putting your number on the register so all the scum from pollies to god bothers can call you now that they have your number.

Al

All you are doing is putting your number on the register so all the scum from pollies to god bothers can call you now that they have your number.

Al
    They already have Al.

Telstra will sell to those businesses telephone directories on CD so they can selectively sort and then target people in say, a specific suburb or street or surname or those that have a Crapotorium.

Peter.

Al
    I've never had a spam call from a God botherer.

A knock on the door, yes, but never a call.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    They already have Al.

Telstra will sell to those businesses telephone directories on CD so they can selectively sort and then target people in say, a specific suburb or street or surname or those that have a Crapotorium.

Peter.
    I hope they have their asbestos ears on.....as the conversation will be some what heated......

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    I've never had a spam call from a God botherer.

A knock on the door, yes, but never a call.
    They never knock on mine?
    Maybe the sign "Psychopath lives here" puts them off?

Al

I havent heard from the god botherers since I tried converting the last lot to the church of satan. I might try pastafarianism next time
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Gra View Post
    ...... I might try pastafarianism next time
    Would you like a spoon?
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

I have no rellies, and very few friends (wonder why that is?) in Australia, so if I don't recognise the voice of the caller, and I do not have a dental appointment the next day, and especially if I hear an Indian accent, I put the receiver down without saying a word. But I still get a spam call about 3 times a week.

Rocker

Caller ID is the go.

If it comes up 'overseas', I pick it up and hang up straight away. (they don't call anymore)

If it comes up 'private number', and it's around 6-8 pm, I just let it ring out.

If I hear a slight click when I answer (the auto dialler) I hang up.

If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.