Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flowboy View Post
    Used to see lots of those pointers on the beach at Fairlight in NSW. Nasty. You'd see them all over the beach lurking in pairs for an unsuspecting tourist. Some were just plain ugly.
    Ahh yes, often seen in pairs when observing the common Pink Breasted Mattress Wobbler.

P

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

I am more than a little peeved with Cliff's head in the sand attitude, we get drop bears here but he hasn't seen one, we don't get cane toads, ergo, they don't exist
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I am more than a little peeved with Cliff's head in the sand attitude, we get drop bears here but he hasn't seen one, we don't get cane toads, ergo, they don't exist
    I think hes having trouble passing this test so he's hiding out

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...ad.php?t=43043

Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

I think you are all missing Benny terribly....
    No drivel so you invent your own.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    I think you are all missing Benny terribly....
    We get the pleasure ( ) this coming Saturday
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Help....Melbourne...North east...blood...vision fading...body parts everywhere.....trees...bears....aaaaaagh

The United States are taking this development seriously. See the official text below:

This information is current as of today, Wed Jan 03 07:18:57 2007.
    Australia

Americans planning travel to Australia should read Intercountry Adoption Australia , International Parental Child Abduction Australia and Worldwide Caution Public Announcement available on the Department of State web site at http://travel.state.gov
    December 15, 2006
    COUNTRY DESCRIPTION: Australia is a highly developed stable democracy with a federal-state system. Tourist facilities are widely available. The Australian Tourist Commission’s Internet website, http://www.australia.com/, provides a wide range of information of interest to travelers. Read the Department of State Background Notes on Australia for additional information.

SAFETY AND SECURITY: Australia has instituted an alert system for possible terrorist attacks. The threat levels range from “low” to “high.” The Australian Attorney General's Office maintains a website with up-to-date information regarding the current assessment of the terrorism threat at http://www.nationalsecurity.gov.au/. American citizens are reminded to maintain a high level of vigilance and to take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness. Travelers may also contact the Australian National Security Hotline at 61-1-800-123-400.

In recent days, the Australian Government have raised the alert level with regard to the threat of Drop Bears attacking tourists in the coastal regions. Though heretofore the Government have denied the existence of these highly dangerous creatures, recent brush fires have driven the savage Drop Bears into more open territory where their existence cannot be hidden. U.S. tourists visiting Australia are advised to avoid wooded areas and urban overpasses, as Drop Bears attack from above and fall on their prey, squeezing them to death. Likewise tourists should avoid open-air hotel balconies unless they are on the topmost floor. Sighting of Drop Bears should be reported immediately to the U. S. Consulate, which will call in an immediate air strike. Enjoy your visit.
    Cheers,

Bob

there is only one man that can save us now cince the crock hunter got hunted and thats " Paul Hogan " is he in ozz at the moment ,or is he hiding in USA
    how come a 10mm peg dont fit in a 10mm hole

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Childress View Post
    The United States are taking this development seriously. See the official text below:
    Sighting of Drop Bears should be reported immediately to the U. S. Consulate, which will call in an immediate air strike. Enjoy your visit.

Hey Bob,

We're not harbouring Osama Bear Laden, or Where the Zaqawi.
    Just because your Bigfoot turned out to be Michael Jordan out for a stroll, doesn't mean we can't have Drop Bears. In fact some want their protection. They would be relocated to small tracts of land, miles from their traditional habitat and useless for any Caucasian activity.

A very fearful (and now wearing lead underpants),

Rob

Is it Friday yet?
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    It appears that as a consequence of the devastating bushfires in the northeast of Victoria large colonies of drop bears are now migrating to coastal regions.
    Some overseas tourists have already been attacked by this silent generally unseen menace.
    For our USA members who may have relatives or friends here at the moment, be aware that these are extremely dangerous and few survive an attack.
    24 posts and no mention of sky hooks, dont leave home without them people!

Corbs
    It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

ss_11000 is offline You've got to risk it to get the biscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    Is it Friday yet?
    apparently so
    S T I R L O

Quote Originally Posted by Flowboy View Post
    We're not harbouring Osama Bear Laden, or Where the Zaqawi.

Or perhaps you are. But in any event, the U.S. have rescinded the air strike order and have now requested Seppo tourists who spot Drop Bears to complete the triplicate Drop Bear Form (Form 52/90/78/11) and file it with the U. S. Consulate who have requested that a pair of Drop Bears (one male and one of indeterminate sex) be exported to the U. S. Southwestern states to help control our Jackalope population. Jackalopes, which are as swift as antelopes and as randy as jackrabbits, have overrun large parts of our southwestern desert. It appears the Drop Bears can be a real help in bringing this ecological disaster under control. We appreciate the reciprocal cooperation between our governments.
    Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Childress View Post
    Or perhaps you are. But in any event, the U.S. have rescinded the air strike order and have now requested Seppo tourists who spot Drop Bears to complete the triplicate Drop Bear Form (Form 52/90/78/11) and file it with the U. S. Consulate who have requested that a pair of Drop Bears (one male and one of indeterminate sex) be exported to the U. S. Southwestern states to help control our Jackalope population. Jackalopes, which are as swift as antelopes and as randy as jackrabbits, have overrun large parts of our southwestern desert. It appears the Drop Bears can be a real help in bringing this ecological disaster under control. We appreciate the reciprocal cooperation between our governments.
    This you Bob?
    Bob Childress (bass, Nervebreakers) says:

"I was reading your web page on Texas Punk and as I played bass for the Nervebreakers I thought I would try and answer the question posed about the weak stuff coming out at the time and the rockers coming out 15 years later (see comment on Mystery Dates).
    Basically we tried to put out something that had a remote chance of getting some airplay on the earliest record (Girlfriend). You have to remember that nothing like the album tracks (which was close to a live sound or dig out Rocky Erickson and the Nervebreakers Live in 79 on New Rose for real live sound) was being played on any station back then. It was a while for the "New Wave" sound which was basically Punk groups trying to get on the radio and knowing that being called "punk" would keep them off the airwaves. The second single was a pretty good rocker in my opinion if you crank it up (especially So Flipped).
    Mike and I didn't play on the third single as we left right before the New York tour and Paul Quigg and James Flory (ex-Superman's Girlfriend) took over at that time. When the tour was over they bailed and Mike and I played the last gig at the time opening for Teardrop Explodes I think. Album was in the can before we quit but ran out of money and interest in finishing and no money to get it issued emerged till Ryan Richardson rescued it from the closet shelf. Thanks, Ryan again. Otherwise it may still be there."
    Mr Childress, thank you for your statement and for confirming our suspicions that you tempered your sound in search of radio airplay. In light of your cooperation we have decided to be lenient, you are hereby sentenced to 100 hours of listening to Teardrop Explodes records. Next...
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Hi all

I thought drop bears all died off about 30yrs ago.

They were around a lot when I was under 12 and travelling in the car.

Mum had us looking up in those trees for hours as we drove along.

Celeste