Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

shoulda woulda coulda... so many, the only one im willing to share involves sheep and beer. (kidding)

seriously i could almost say my old man was a mistake, but thats not mine huh ? I probably shoulda been nicer to my sister too... she didnt/doesnt deserve me
    Zed

Quote Originally Posted by Rossluck View Post
    I've realised lately that I've made a huge mistake in being generous with tools and other bits and pieces with my neighbours and friends. I'm always on the look-out for bargains to up-grade my tools, and when I find one I usually donate my old one to someone rather than sell it.

This now means that my bank account is far less than it should be, and that my neighbours and friends are extreme moochers who have reached the terrible stage of asking me for stuff.
    I can relate to most of this loaning tools that either nevr return or com back needing repair especially one fellow...............so I went round while he wsn't home told his wife he said to come pick up the cost of the repair for the Hammer drill & dads old old B&D $80 she haded it over with even doubting it.

Needles to say he never came to borrow again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    shoulda woulda coulda... so many, the only one im willing to share involves sheep and beer.
    hint
    get sum rubba boots
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

My biggest mistake was not taking a carpentry apprenticeship
    in the army, I passed all the test's... back out at the last minute stupid stupid stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by silentC View Post
    I was in hospital after having a broken ankle fixed, the guy in the bed across from me was there for the same thing. A lady used to come in every day for a visit and my ex did the same. One day the ex and I were speculating on who his visitor was. I reckoned she looked a bit older than him, maybe she was his mum.

A couple of days later, both women happened to be in at the same time. We started talking about how boring it can be being stuck in a hospital bed. My ex says to him "well at least you've got your mum to come and visit you every day". The blokes wife (as I had by now realised she was but neglected to tell the ex) says "excuse me?". In this little voice the ex says "you're his Mum aren't you?" Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, that was certainly her most embarassing moment.

Me? I've never had one
    I had a similar experience during the early days of my apprenticeship in the factory. One day this unknown elderly guy came up to me and said he heard I was from the same village as he and could I give him a lift to work the next day which I did and he said if I ever needed a lift in to work to give him a call. Well 3 months later my car was playing up and asked him if I could have a lift the next day. No problems he said, next morning true to his word he came around & picked me up but this young lady (at least 30 years younger than him) was driving the car and I sat on the back seat next to a baby in his seat. When I got in the toolroom, the boss asked me how I had got in? I told him I had come in with "young" Dickie Dando and his daughter and grandson. My boss burst out laughing saying that was his wife and son. It turned out young Dickie was actually 68 but the company had him down as 61.

I often wondered what came of young Dickie, as he would often tell me of his years (5) in this great country before returning home when he was 42.

Definitely the ex. But now I can buy tools without nasty looks!

Marriage failing.....blah blah......................
    Away on training course..........blah blah................
    In bedroom of beautiful work colleague.......blah blah...............
    Lying on her double bed ..............blah blah.................
    She was whispering sweet nothing..............blah blah.............
    Got out of bed and left..........blah blah...................

Biggest mistake
    If it goes against the grain, it's being rubbed the wrong way!

comisserations
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Not mine but when I was about 16 travelling to work on the bus, one racous little bastard about 5-6 years old and a frustrated mum trying to stop him from running around and screaming, threats of no drinks, lollies etc, finally in desparation she said if he didn't stop he would get a smack.
    Little bugger not happy about this and offers his threat at the top of his voice on the crowded bus 'if you smack me I'll tell Dad you pee'd in the red bucket'.
    I still feel for that poor woman
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

I discovered at a young age (about 22) that travelling to Mexico (no, not Melbourne, real Mexico) and getting drunk and at 3:00 AM going outside the pub and yelling at the top of one's voice "I'll fight any bast*rd in this town" is a poor plan and should not be implemented. Fortunately, at 3:00 AM most people were asleep or I would be, erkkk.
    Cheers,

Bob

When I was in primary school, doing the things primary school boys and girls do. We were having a rock fight. I threw a rock and it hit a girl in the eye. She nearly lost her eye and I got the biggest hiding of my life from my old man. I still flinch when I see kids throwing rocks at each other and just wish the lesson wasn't so hard for me. Hope my boys don't have to learn the same lesson the way I did.

Corbs
    It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

Will you marry me?

Nah just kidding SWMBO must be one of the most understanding people I know, she puts up with me.
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.