Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sorry to hear about your fall, Daddles, hope the bark grows back soon.
    never had a bad fall in almost 60 years of cycling, but a few embarrassing ones.
    One of the most cringeworthy was after we'd come down the hill & over the Spit Bridge heading south. Turned up Pariwi Rd, and the blind stoker started going through the gears. The chain derailed. When this happens on a solo bike, you have to decide whether to try and find the gears again, or get a foot out. On a tandem, you should have the luxury of doing both. We didn't. With two cyclists pedalling frantically and fruitlessly, the bike slowly rolled to a halt and tipped over, to applause from the bystanders.

A work colleague was track-standing at the lights and overbalanced. Thought that nothing was hurt 'til he tried to stand up, when the hed snapped off his femur. Ambulance took him to RNSH, where who should be the casualty nurse but his SWMBO (aka the dragon lady). Not a lot of sympathy from her.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Tandems. I'd love to have a tandem but can't afford one and the gf wouldn't sit on the back anyway. Mind you, I do tow my daughter around on her tag-along

This is my worst stack. I'm happy to accept that it's bad enough not to try and top it

Richard
    still a tad annoyed about not getting those girl's phone numbers

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Question: Why is it we like sharing war stories?

Seriously. For me, the best part of this thread has been reading about other people's bingles. Not out of any malicious pleasure, but out of some weird sense of sharing. An Aussie trait? A blokey trait? A sense of relief that others can be as bloody silly as I can? But yeah, it's this trait that makes the back yard barbie such a nice place to be.

Richard
    one red too many? Possibly

Silent, I had a very similiar 'dog stack'....
    Coming home from work, I was flying down a hill at night when a dog decided to jump in front of the bike.
    Woke up on the road later on, a massive s-bend in the bike frame, and the front forks were pushed back behind the pedals.... entire bike was compressed! I'd gone face first into the gravel and slid down the road on my face.
    This was at 2am Xmas morning in a quiet country town (lucky some drunk didn't drive over me) at the end of a long sloping road, had to be back at work at 7am.
    Came to, went home and went to bed.
    Woke up in the morning, staggered to the shower and the pillow was stuck to the scab down one side of my face, had to peel the scabs off, and douse them in peroxide and aftershave to stop the fresh bleeding.

Shower, change, go to work, the boss says, "you look bloody horrible", work the next 8 hours and had to tell the bloody story to every customer for the whole time. I could barely mumble through the fresh scabs.

Bloody dog.
    Cheers,
    Clinton

"Use your third eye" - Watson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clinton_findlay/

I've had a 2 pearlers
    1. Taking a corner to fast coming off a downhill main road into a side street about 40kmh, both wheels at a 45° with the gutter... longways! There just had to be a small rock in the gutter hit it highsided into air landed front first... broken collar bone and a strip of skin missing and bruise the shape of the gutter from collar bone to knee.
    2. Just brought new derailer(spelling?)cruising down the local overpass bridge at high speed about 50~60kmh, cable locking bolt on derailer snap's sending derailer assembly into back wheel, tankslapping downhill hit armico railing and supermaned it between 2 tree's. Bike was a mess(totaled) few cuts'n'bruise's and a warning from cops after abusing the shop who sold me that derailer... $1200 out of pocket!

That's why I insist on Shimano

It was a Shimano, EX600 series circa 1980's.
    Shop said I overtightened it, apon inspection of the 1 half found it was half clean snapped shiney half coroded dull.

Ah, the EX600. Yes, well that explains it...

Never had any trouble with my RX100