Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

[quote=rufflyrustic;465738]Obituary of the Solar Kiln
    It is with deep regret (NOT!) that I wish to advise you all that the Solar Kiln passed on to its new home on Sunday, 18 February 2007.

Don't worry Wendy, the Solar Kiln lives on, at my place. I mostly work in the carport, because the shed is only a temperate zone for about one week a year... and The Big Muscly Bloke has the garage to himself, for one strange old Russian motorbike that has so far taken 7 years to restore........
    "Look out! Mum's in the shed and she's got a hammer!"

I dont see a lathe in all that aaaa accumulation . so where did you hide it.
    insanity is a state of mind if you don't mind it does not matter.

Wendy, don’t forget to take make room for your washing machine.

Sorry it is a bad joke.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Yer Im with the others wendy,

Go and hire a small jack hammer for half a day... wont cost much and it will break up like butter.... took me less than an hour to break up my old small slab where my new shed now stands. Easy peasy....

Either that, or give the big bloke in the pics a FBSH and tell him to go nuts...
    maybe paint a picture of George Bush (or some other tosser) on the slab for incentive
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Well, between all of us, I reckon we could blow it up with AlexS' Big Reds, then clean it up with DavidG's rig and then kick back with our feet up on the washing machine.

Bad joke? Not really. I have a fantastic comic about the washing machine, but it can only go in the Orange Room , I keep thinking of that comic whenever the WM is mentioned

Oh and the WM in the photo will be going somewhere when HWMNBO decides to move it out the front and onto the ute.

cheers
    Wendy

We had a washing machine once that when it got out of balance used to jump up and down and raise a huge noise and start wandering out of its space by the laundry, sometimes far enough to pull the hoses off the taps!. It was a big old heavy beast (Hoover, ISTR).

I remember on one occasion it walked across the laundry and jammed the door and locked my Mum in there for three hours - I had to crawl through the laundry window (I was smaller than she was and could fit through but she couldn't) when I got home from school to help her lift the WM out of the way and free her from her imprisonment!!!

Which makes me think - if your WM had the same tendancies, and was of similar mass, you could replace the feet with cold chisels and do the washing for the neighbourhood and break up the slab at the same time...

How's that for lateral thinking.....
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

The quicker you get through that slab... the quicker you get to MIXING CEMENT...the one thing that I hate more than dropping a hammer on my foot...though you might have thought ahead and getting a small truck to bring it in!!
    I think, therefore I am... unable to get anything finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Moo73 View Post
    The quicker you get through that slab... the quicker you get to MIXING CEMENT...the one thing that I hate more than dropping a hammer on my foot...though you might have thought ahead and getting a small truck to bring it in!!
    What, the hammer?

Al

This is exciting Ruffly. Looking forward to seeing progress
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them . . . well, I have others.

Me too, as there is not much I can do now, except wait, pay the $$, and watch the work being done

Moonta Bay in the Copper Triangle, S. Australia

Your posing of course!

Open toed shoes, no goggles, no gloves, and no helmet. Serious concrete smashing needs serious safety wear, and I have the scars to prove it. Wearing sandals and walking backwards with a load cost me a few stitches two weeks back, right on the ankle bone. Concrete has sharp edges.

Our WM that wandered off back in 1964 was an old (at the time) BENDIX. It pulled right out of the cement floor. We laid a new slab just to take the WM, and few weeks later, it followed SWMBO out of the laundry into the yard.

Don't forget a window for the air-con, you'll need one of them to stay even longer.
    Buzza.

"All those who believe in psycho kinesis . . . raise my hand".

Quote Originally Posted by rufflyrustic View Post
    Me too, as there is not much I can do now, except wait, pay the $$, and watch the work being done
    Just keep thinking New Shed New Shed and then when its done plan it out well, take a week or two drawings etc and get it close to right rather than say in a couple of months " I wish I had put that there so I could mill that length etc"

BTW why not post wour washing machine joke in the orange room or are you sitting on it for another day when nothings going on , come on you have teased us with it post it now.

Rgds
    Russell

Ps Every day I use it I thank you for the can opener. As you said its the best on the market, never a problem , Thanks again.
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Congratulations Buzza! Yes, I was posing for that shot There's no way in &*^%$% I would ever try to bust up that concrete. That makes it four things I just don't do - Electrics, plumbing, mow the lawn and bust up concrete

The cartoon - well, we shall see.....

I've been running the NewShed mantra in my head for about 2 years now. I'm pleased to say it's finally worked, well, it only worked when I yelled it so loud HWMNBO couldn't help but pay attention

Ashore - so glad to hear the can opener is a great help!

The shed has two windows in it, a personal door and a big 2.7 m roller door. I'm considering taking out the roller door and putting in a wall of windows to get the north sunlight in and a bigger than standard door.

Planning is definitely needed to work it all out - but that's the fun part

cheers
    Wendy

Good to see it's all finally happening for ya! Remember to lay down the law now - absolutely no room for car-parts of any kind - no exceptions! ..........and just how much camphor can we store in it????
    Updated 8th of February 2024

Quote Originally Posted by rufflyrustic View Post
    I'm so glad I don't have to follow through with Ozito!! I'm wondering if I'll be able to get away with sitting back with a long tall drink and watching the guys get rid of the slab this coming weekend
    Why get the guys to get rid of the slab? Just put hungry boards on your formwork and pour over the top!

Bruce C

Of course there will be a few cold ones in the fridge for them, but they don't come out till half time at least

cheers
    Wendy
    Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn