Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Line drawings

You could try Gimp, its like photoshop but free. Its fairly simple to use. Just open your file go to filters and use 'sketch' or whatever suits.
    " We live only to discover beauty, all else is a form of waiting" - Kahlil Gibran

A number of image viewing programs have an Edge Detection feature which is probably what you are looking for.

My preferred image viewer is irfanview. To use edge detection in that program select the image drop down menu and try image->effects->edge detection.

The result is very much dependent on the original image, but applying other filters first helps with fuzzy pictures. You can for instance reduce the colour depth first or try embossing or increase sharpness or any other tool before applying the edge detection tool.

Thanks Fuzzie, I use Irfanview to resize photo's, so willlook further and and follow your suggestion.

Thanks for this link/info.........learn something new evryday!

Default Line drawing

If you have access to Photoshop, I usually go into Image - Adjustments and Desaturate then go to Filter - Stylize (I think) then Find Edges.

Hope this helps

Thanks Tauby,
    I have just started instruction at U3A on Photoshop, so will follow your advice.

Regards
    Terry

There is an app for the iphone that does this, its called AppZilla3, it actually have over 150 apps in that one download but i know it has a great camera in it that converts to really good line drawings. Hope that helps, assuming you have access to an iphone 4s

Thanks, no iphone as yet for this old dog, but will take a note down for the future.

schaf: what are you drawing? Now you've got me curious.

Got a WIP going in WRC (again). 50cm x 8cm caterpillar. Probably do in your entire tomato patch in one evening.