Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Someone has been pulling your leg Dingo.

a) I was the Postmaster at Preston Vic for six years.
    b) Brunswick is another major suburb about 5 kms away.

There is no "Junction" associated with either suburb
    except a "Y" intersection in Preston where the Junction
    Hotel is located.

Allan

You can't teach and old mouse new clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan at Wallan View Post

Hotel is located.

Allan

You can't teach and old mouse new clicks.
    Sorry Allan got to agree with Dingo about OZPOST all to often we have had things go astray lost never to be seen again. We did find one parcel it went to another suburb with the postcode 2160 no 2168 The post mistress there rang to say she had it and would forward it on to correct postcode even tho it was marked correctly as 2168. She rang back 15 mins later to say another staff member had sent it to dead letter office

Allan's quite right.

But the right info doesn't stop mis-reads in Auspost or sender mis-directions.

... As for C-Tec, I find myself ordering from the Bris store online and they pass it on to Melb where I am. Find it more reliable that way. Go figure.

btw, Allan, feel free to drop in on your way past any time.

PM me if you want to, as I'm working part-time.
    Cheers, Ern

Default Support local business

You can now order all of your carba-tec stuff at Woodnworkshop on the coast Shed 1A/4 dual ave Warana they also stock other woodworking items. Great shop for woodees.

In trying to learn a little about everything,
    you become masters of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan at Wallan View Post

Hotel is located.

Allan
    Well Allan all I know is what they tell me at Carbatex mate... and well it DID end up at the Preston post office for 2 weeks until it was sent on to the Brunswick post office then returned to Carbatex... in the meantime they had sent me the part to me down here... the parcel WAS marked correctly both times

Now Ive no idea who made the stuff up wether it was CT or the PO but someone did... thats just a fact... I like to think its the post office since Ive had parcels from anywhere take up to and over a month to get to me and visit several stops along the way and be redirected even though they have been addressed CORRECTLY in the first place... personally I think the PO like to have staff in their sorting areas that are unable to spell or read properly... not having a go at dyslexic people and I think its admirable that the PO hires severally dyslexic people its just that well its not the best for the reciever eh?

But hey its all good mate I got it finally which was the main thing!!

Cheers!
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

This is hijacking the thread a little, but I actually think the Aus Post do a great job (well the Armidale PO and delivery contractors at least).

I've had letters that have been incorrectly addressed still arrive and in a timely manner. The local post office noted that the address was dodgy, but recognised the name and put in it in the appropriate delivery contractors mail to be delivered.

The letter still had the dodgy address on it but the delivery contractor also recognised the name and put it in our letter box.

Aus Post could just as easily rejected the letter because of the dodgy address and we would never have received it. But instead everyone involved used a bit of common sense (and some local knowledge) and got it delivered.
    Cheers.

Vernon.

Yep;

I've not going to say they've never lost an item of mine cos if I do the next one'll go astray ;-}
    Cheers, Ern

This thread has come a few days too late to warn me, but luckily all went well (almost).

Bought a Triton respirator on line. Got it from Brisbane, delivered free as per Carba-tec offer to SA clients until they open here. One box, either it gets here or it doesn't, not much could go wrong. Except that the invoice was for $289 instead of the $275 on the (legally binding) accepted order.

E-mailed on 2/5 to say -got the respirator, thank you, but please amend the price at your earliest convenience-.
    Got a reply on the 6th saying -thanks for your message, the Customer Service Manager will contact you ASAP.-

It is now the 16th and no answer has come. I am certainly not going to waste any more time about $14, but I wonder about my future willingness to buy from them.

And, as regards Australia Post: never had anything go missing in 30 years, only two parcels sent air mail took 3 months to get to Europe (the albatross must have stopped to rest on some ship's mast).

Default Credit where credit is due

Could not resist the double entendre, but it fits perfectly.

Today, without any intervening communication, the $14 Visa credit from Carba-tec came through. End-of-month processing, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge View Post

Sometimes living at the beach can be a pain!

cheers,

P
    dont worry midgey - with global warming you'll be unde the beach and wont have to worry about for too much longer...
    Zed