Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm thinking... If you were to look at Hafele's online catalogue of furniture hardware you might find some small plastic channels intended for sliding door guides, that could be utilised as guides for your slide away front panel. Hafele feature a profusion of handles in the catalogue, most, totally inappropriate for your project but you might find something inspiring. I like the little rectangular block pulls on the Kennedy boxes.

The chamfered top looks neat Michael.

Häfele Hardware Technology: Furniture fittings, architectural hardware and the electronic locking system Dialock -

BT

Ueee is offline Blacksmith, Cabinetmaker, Machinist, Messmaker

I would just go for a folded handle. Reason being that you can make it as small as practical so that you don't lose drawer depth.
    If you have a look at my red toolbox here: https://www.woodworkforums.com/f65/sh...ml#post1463132 It just has a lift up flap. I am unsure from your pics whether you have a hinged lid or not, but if you do it is an easy way to beable to lock the box with one lock, and i'm sure you could use the front flap as a stay for the lid or even as a little bench, or whiteboard, note space etc....

Ewan