Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

We have physicals at work (optional) and I had mine a couple of weeks ago.

Cholesterol - Under measurable levels.
    Blood Glucose - 5 (4-6 is normal)
    BMI - normal
    Blood pressure 120/90

I nearly fell over.

Then again, I stopped drinking Coke and got onto Coke Zero about 4 - 5 weeks prior. I was drinking b/w 1 and 2L a day. I lost 6kg in 5 weeks without doing anything but giving up full strength coke... :eek:

Dan
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

Imagine how much you could lose if you gave up the donuts?
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

It is most unfortunate the probing is necessary.

We all know you can die if you have prostate problems but I doubt if I will ever go for another check up. I had one over 10 years ago and the memories of it still haunt me.

It was a gross violation of my body and it only seemed to achieve to make me aware of how rape victims must feel. My ordeal was of course nothing like rape but it was something I never want repeated.

What a shocking and terrible experience.:mad:
    - Wood Borer

Umm, should we tell him there's a blood test now. Has been for about, errr, nine years
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Rob, the ultra sound and full bladder are for the prostate test, alternate option is to find a doctor with a skinny finger
    Pretty sure the technique no longer applies, and I was dreading the same thing whilst sitting very tightly cross legged.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikki
    Believe me Iain, it's VERY easy to lose weight ... trying to gain it is much more difficult.

Cheers
    Tikki
    Really? Well let me know the secret, and I'll let you know my trick for going t'other way!

Unlike Wood Butcher, if I gave up work, my physique would improve, not degenerate. Something about sittin' behind this damned computer all day....oops - just gave away my trade secret Tikki!
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

Thanks Darren and Iain - that is very good news.

I hope others who had reservations or bad experiences are now prepared to be regularly tested. Unfortunately I can only give you one greenie each.
    - Wood Borer

I am 25 (so not in the check your prostate bracket) but I simply have not ever been able to get a doctor to give me a check up. I have asked, but it always seems to result in, "But what can I do for you today?"

I have had a LOT of doctors in my time, as I have no real loyalty to my doctor and simply go wherever is convenient - and I have pretty bad chest problems due to severe chest infections when I was a baby.

But doctors don't seem interested in "check-ups" on people my age. Has anyone else found the same thing? Come to think of it, is anyone else on here around 25?? :confused:
    <Insert witty remark here>

My last pap smear was less than pleasant (not that they're pleasant at the best of times) ... the doctor 'over warmed' the speculum ... ouch!!!! ... I think my fingerprints would still be visible on the surgery ceiling
    Fortunately for males the digital examination is a thing of the past, but females cannot afford to be deterred by the current testing method ... the alternative is far worse! So come on girls, is your pap due? have you had your annual check up?

Cheers
    Tikki

Quote Originally Posted by Lignum
    Heard Doc Feelgood on the radio a bit back saying that when the blokes go for their Prostate check to go see a female GP because they have smaller fingers:eek:
    I have a female GP and she is the best doctor ive ever had, but how does the fact she has smaller fingers mean it hurts less when she sends me to pathology for a blood sample.

however she does have this nasty habit of squishing my testicles, then testing my blood pressure and telling me its too high

and yes, she does look after my long-term health. she doesnt tell me not to drink, she tells me to drink DL (carbohydrate modified beer) because thats healthier and more chance that im going to do it, sensible doctor!!!!!

Fortunately for males the digital examination is a thing of the past,
    Al will be disappointed.
    Photo Gallery

Default drs

well i have no prob goingt to the drs go to the same lovely lady dr as the slug she is a sweety and scares the bjesus outa slug wiff her pointy toed shoes pap smears happen every yr just on birffy time as ive have had cirvical cancer i dodnt much round wiff that one ..... tikks wish i had ur prob wiff loosing weight as the offer still stands u can have my spare .... and id be happy ...

last time drs visit and bloods where done

Cholesterol - 3
    Blood Glucose - 4
    BMI - im cuddley
    Blood pressure 95/70

its always low
    all i need to do is loose weight which i was quiet happy to give to tikki and ill be rite cheers all jules

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

Bad news guys, if at all abnormal then you still get to take it up the ####! went to my GP this week and he has referred me to a Urologist and he asked if I wanted him to digitise me then and there or would I prefer to wait for the real expert..... I am waiting!
    I insist that my doctor kisses me first, trims his nails well back and then gives me a lollypop after.....
    I guess this is an appropriate place to say "BUGGER!"

That's OK. As long as he respects you in the morning...

Default be greatful chris

Be Greatful Chris i have long fingernails and cold fingers in winter heheheh would make u pay attention real quick !!!! cheers jules