Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Signs of Aging

Right!

If my sums are correct (which they rarely are), I get to start at the top of a new page!

A few more snippets if I may (in my own defence or otherwise).

I am rather taken by Rocker's biodiversity call, and for that reason have actually two types of grass, in case one fails I guess, or maybe because I simply am not THAT much of a greenkeeper after all.

This is the first time in almost 15 years that we have any lawn at all, and while the 65m2 that we have is only a small portion of our 900m2 allotment, it is more than twice the area we have ever had before!

It's there to give us a rigging area for the boat, and to park visiting cars and campervans on (as well as hold the odd wedding and other stuff), so we really can't have bindi in it can we????

I'm thinking going away for three months may just be the right solution.

Particularly if I take the cat eh Al?

Cheers,

P

plant buffalo, its agressive, grows in a mat and doesnt get real high. pretty soon it will displace all the other grass in your yard and when you do get around to mowing it it will look ace.

you should feel privledged midgester, this is my 900th post and im wasting it on you you friggen toad eatin' queenslander.
    Zed

Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    plant buffalo
    The second species to which I refer!!!

Believe it or not, just to buy Buffalo turf a couple of years ago was nearly four times the price of having Couch LAID!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

In a year or five it will have taken over, and I'll rest easy (except that the biodiversity will be gone...)

Cheers,

P

We have 10 Acres, 5 of them infested with Tobacco Weed.....

If you have a need to pull out unwanted weeds, do we have a holiday destination for you....
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers
    We have 10 Acres, 5 of them infested with Tobacco Weed.....

If you have a need to pull out unwanted weeds, do we have a holiday destination for you....
    Congratulations Cliff The first one whose NOT OLD to post.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

plant buffalo, its agressive, grows in a mat and doesnt get real high. pretty soon it will displace all the other grass in your yard and when you do get around to mowing it it will look ace.......
    Unless of course you live in the wet tropics..... I've got buffalo grass, unfortunately it's not as aggresive as the nut grass, molasses grass, sensitive weeds, Singapore daisy or guinea grass. Because of one thing and another I haven't mowed for about a month and fairly irregularly before then. I've got quite a few patches of 2M high guinea grass :eek: that are starting to really annoy me.I could have mowed this afternoon but instead I got in an hour and a half of shed time. . This was badly needed therapy for me after the stress of the last few weeks. There's nothing like the prospect of losing your beloved to really help you in prioritising your tasks. Mowing is fairly low on the list now, and pulling out the sensitive weed has just been bumped off the list for the forseeable future.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Mr Midge, the donkeys eat in their paddock but Mrs gets upset when they eat in her garden, we have tried, so it's time to invite someone over for a BBQ so the kids can have a crack at the ride on, works a treat.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Your all approaching the problem from the wrong end.

Buy some PasStop and spray liberally.
    That will kill the paspalum, bindi, couch and a few other grasses.

If that is still not enough the spray liberally with Roundup.

If you are still not satisfied with the result get some
    243DT and spray again. :eek:

By this stage it should look like a desert so all you need are a few cacti (in pots 'cause the 243DT).

you should feel privledged midgester, this is my 900th post and im wasting it on you you friggen toad eatin' queenslander.
    AND it cost you a rasperry too!!!

Better be careful or the buffalo grass will take over your entire rasberry patch, and you'll have nothing but a sea of green to dish up!! Gee I'm glad there's no pineapple option though!!

Nah, as long as I've got this weeding fetish, you should be right.

Went out to bring in the wheelie bin at dawn this morning, carrying by trusty paspalum knife, managed to get a handful of biodiversity before the midges got so much blood I had to go back inside! :mad:

Cheers,

P

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    Nah, as long as I've got this weeding fetish, you should be right.
    ....managed to get a handful of biodiversity before the midges got so much blood I had to go back inside!....
    Mate, you'd love it up here, no midges & when you've finished on the Tobacco Weed, you can start on the Lantana.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Went out to bring in the wheelie bin at dawn this morning
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by craigb
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well I like to clear the footpath before I get on my pushie.....just in case!!!

And the sun don't shine till after 6.00 anymore.
    P

Went out to bring in the wheelie bin at dawn this morning,
    Shouldn't leave your house pets out overnight, Midge, not fair on the native wildlife.

Peter.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee
    Maybe grass grows only 50mm in a year, wouldn't know about that as we don't have a lawn. But the nature strip, although green, is mainly weeds. Everyone around me mows every 2 or 3 weeks but then they don't have a workshop.

Peter.
    Thanks for the tip Sturdee, I was wondering how to get a workshop.

I noticed that part of the aging process is taking twice as long in the shower. I am often finding that I end up washing everything twice because I can't remember which parts I've already done.
    That used to be fun when I was younger.