Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by bricks View Post
    Older gas lines may leak a small amount- the plumber who installed the oven should have carried out a leak test on your service line and discovered any leaks. Did a plumber actually do the job?

It is likely that your service is leaking a small amount, you should get the whole service tested. The leak might be from a pilot light anywhere in your house - Hot water, air cond, heater, etc, It could be from any gas appliance you have at your house.

Check your stove if you like, my answer would be to book a plumber to carry out a test on your service and give you the results.
    The entire system only shows a leak when the local tap connected only to the stove outlet is open. When closed there is no leakage at all. So i know the leakage must be between the gas tap and the stove, all up about 2 metres or the stove itself.

The gas in the house ONLY runs to the bbq and to the new stove so no pilot lights exist.

Oh and yes plumber has now done all the work.

Plumber 1 installed new gas piping near the stove and installed the gas tap.

Plumber 2 installed the reg and flexihose to the stove (hotplates)

Looks like a soap solution spray on every joint and fitting from the tap to the last thing on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    Looks like a soap solution spray on every joint and fitting from the tap to the last thing on the line.
    done, with no success

so it must be either the hose, regulator (not the joints though), or the stove????

I meant joints inside the stove as well. Inc the gas taps.

Griller pilot light ?????? probably electric.

Quote Originally Posted by damien View Post
    done, with no success

so it must be either the hose, regulator (not the joints though), or the stove????
    Disconnect the stove Via The flexi hose, some times If theres no flat fibre washer in the stainless compression nut at the back it may leak.
    But you can put a 15mm brass plug in the end of the flexi and test again, that should tell you if it's the pipework or the oven.
    If you dont play it, it's not an instrument!

Can anyone please tell me the best way to stop the gas tape from slipping? I am using about 3 - 4 full turns of tape on each joint.
    plumber that just did our pipe here used about 10 turns....

Quote Originally Posted by Terrian View Post
    plumber that just did our pipe here used about 10 turns....
    Even the tape manufacturer says to only use 2 turns.

The plumber i got in to do it used some paste like substance.Seems to be much better than the tape.

"stag"

Mate every male thread you tape up is slightly different these days, a lot due to the rubbish thats being bought in from OS, after a while you get a feel for when you have enough tape on the thread. PS manufacturers are starting to skimp on the quality of teflon also, just like everything else these days.
    Plumbers were around long before Jesus was a carpenter

G'day ppl,

wonderplumb,
    you are SO correct about the deteration of the Quality of Fittings.
    At work we use both the Loctite Paste AND Thread tape together, 2 to 3 turns of tape over the Paste.

Works for myself and the Plumber,
    I'm an Instro Tech
    Navvi

Spot on but I do it the other way around, teflon first and a smear of loctite 567 works a treat.
    Plumbers were around long before Jesus was a carpenter

Plumber 1 installed new gas piping near the stove and installed the gas tap.

Plumber 2 installed the reg and flexihose to the stove (hotplates)

The Plumber who installed the stove is to ensure there is no leak. If he doesn't come back to fix it and you complain then he will lose his liscence, Call the office of the technical regulator.
    If you dont play it, it's not an instrument!

Quote Originally Posted by bricks View Post
    The Plumber who installed the stove is to ensure there is no leak. If he doesn't come back to fix it and you complain then he will lose his liscence, Call the office of the technical regulator.
    I have a repair guy coming out next monday to fix a light that is playing up, so when I called I mentioned a possible gas leak in the hotplates, so if nothing is found in the oven itself then it brings the suspicion of the leak back to the hose/fittings/regulator.

Oh as the regulator was supplied by the oven company I presume this will also be subject to warranty as provided it is faulty.

Time will tell.

For now when we use the hotplates we just switch the gas off at the gas tap next to the stove. All works well otherwise.