Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Geoff pressure washers have been allowed all the time restrictions were on.
    NOW he tells me!

I couldn't find any mention of this on the Sydney Water website. There is something about not being able to hose hard surfaces such as driveways and paths.

Actually the exterior of the house doesn't look any dirtier than it did before the dust storm. I just want an excuse to blast off the path so I can repaint it.

EDIT: Ray my apologies, I just found this.

People may be permitted to hose a path, driveway, concrete or other paved surface for reasons of health, safety, emergency, construction activity or surface discolouration. The reason must be readily identifiable to an authorised officer.
    Examples include:

• Safety
    • To remove a build up of mould or moss

Construction
    • To prepare a surface for painting or resealing

That's my Friday sorted out.
    Last edited by snowyskiesau; 24th September 2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Turns out I was wrong. Who'd have thought...

I feel left out, our dust here was grey, no red or blue

Quote Originally Posted by Rossluck View Post
    In Sydney and Brisbane today we are copping a very severe dust storm (It may be happening in Melbourne as well, but who cares). The strange thing here in Brisbane is that the dust storm is creating an eerie atmosphere where the lights are taking on a blue hue. I was driving down the Gateway (a famous and brilliant bit of engineering for those who don't know Brisbane. Very rarely do traffic hold ups occur on our wonderful Gateway ), and I took note of the extaordinary number of oncoming vehicles with those new fangled blue headlights. Feeling left out of this new technology, I rang my brother to have my customary whinge, and noticed with surprise that the light on my mobile phone also had a strong blueish tinge. Then I looked at the sun: same story (no blue moon jokes please). The mobile phone "blue light" thing was confirmed with four more people.

Then we started wondering what was going on in the atmosphere to create this blue light. Our best guess is that the dust is absorbing the high end light frequencies, such as magenta, and with the high end frequencies "missing" under the dust, the cooler colours are predominating. Are we wrong. I wanted to ask Dr Carl, but he's never around when you want him.
    Nay! I reckon you weren't hallucinating. I've got a memory of a science experiment at school where the teacher put some milk in a fish tank so it was alll cloudy then shone a torch first through it from behind and reflected of it from the front. I can't remember which was which now but one way was reddish and one way was blueish. Might need to repeat the experiment to prove to myself. (Its similar reasons to why the sky is blue but sunset red. )
    Last edited by tea lady; 24th September 2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Bit more.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)
    Follow my little workshop/gallery on facebook. things of clay and wood.

just make sure your fish aren't lactose intolerant
    Mick

avantguardian

Quote Originally Posted by Gingermick View Post
    just make sure your fish aren't lactose intolerant
    They just have to suffer for science.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)
    Follow my little workshop/gallery on facebook. things of clay and wood.