Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Cold, windy with the odd gunshot from a crazy hells angel
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    ... the wind stung the lobes on my ears, haven't experienced that for a while, but then I have less hair now too.....
    The parade ground at Laverton.
    (I'm not talking about your head, mind you, you wounldn't have had much hair then either. )
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gra View Post
    Cold, windy with the odd gunshot from a crazy hells angel
    That was yesterday's forcast, what about today?
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Summer starts in a couple of days. Today about 31c and smog advisory. Lawns are starting to dry up and they are restricting lawn watering to early morning and late evening 1 day per week Monday to Friday depending on your house number. No watering on the weekend but you can set your car on the lawn and wash it and kill 2 birds with one stone...

Possibility of some rain in a couple of days. Too hot for me as I have a breathing problem (COPD) so stay inside and make sawdust computer bytes instead.

cheers
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by reeves View Post
    apparently our weather is entirley normal
    Then how come we are in the worst drought in over a hundred years where I am and on level 5 water restrictions ?

Its cool here today, haven't been outside yet though, might be warmer outside.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    That was yesterday's forcast, what about today?

Dont know too scared to leave the building.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

The parade ground at Laverton.
    Spooky, I am looking out the window at it right now

Feels a bit wintery today in Toowoomba, stiff breeze after a bit of drizzle, so I'm rugged up with a cotton windcheater over a T-shirt. Some are running about in scarves, beanies and overcoats, but I think they must be mates of Journeyman Micks!
    I just checked the temperature inside a brick insulated kiln, in the Arts building, and its 14degrees...so take off 4 or 5 degrees I'd reckon. So Reeves, I think the weather pattern's back on track, quite normal!!

Cheers,
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

For 2 days it had been a constant 15°C overcast, mist & drizzle & then the change moved through just after lunch yesterday & we had some heavy rain, a bit of wind, the sun came out for 3 minutes, the wind dropped, it clouded over & went back to mist & drizzle & it is now a constant 16°C.
    Hahha sounds pretty 'normal', nice temp though. last time was up thataway it was pretty sunny and mild in 'winter. Thanks for update Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by munruben
    Then how come we are in the worst drought in over a hundred years where I am and on level 5 water restrictions ?
    Hey I guess thats 'normal' then and the intervening years of rain was just a wet spot on the timeline. I dunno if the suburb of Munruben is where you are, or if its suckling its water from Wivenhoe in the Brisbane catchment but if it is, the only reason there is water restrictions is they keep letting the water OUT of the dam. As in the Brisbane river hasnt actually flowed for several years ( if you go out past Toogoolwah you can see this) but they keep letting it out to keep it flowing through the city.

There is water about but the managment keep letting it flow out to sea.

cheeeeeers
    john
    "I am brother to dragons, companion to owls"

Nice sunny day down here,
    bit cool but nothing that longjohns doesn't fix
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by reeves View Post
    dunno if the suburb of Munruben is where you are, or if its suckling its water from Wivenhoe in the Brisbane catchment but if it is, the only reason there is water restrictions is they keep letting the water OUT of the dam. As in the Brisbane river hasnt actually flowed for several years ( if you go out past Toogoolwah you can see this) but they keep letting it out to keep it flowing through the city.
    Yes, in Munruben John, so whats the answer,? The Brisbane river hasn't flowed in several years, isn't that a sign that we have a shortage of rain? (I'm not trying to be funny John)
    I can't really comment on the past history of the rainfall in my area as I have only been up here for five years but I can honestly say, we have had no rain of significance that I remember in that time. I agree with you, we let too much water escape out to sea.
    The council and government are encouraging everyone to install water tanks, thats progress
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mac View Post
    I just checked the temperature inside a brick insulated kiln, in the Arts building, and its 14degrees...so take off 4 or 5 degrees I'd reckon. So Reeves, I think the weather pattern's back on track, quite normal!!

Cheers,
    ahh I suspected as much!

cold as a fish finger before it hits the frying pan up here, midday and i still gotta keep the door shut.....;-)
    "I am brother to dragons, companion to owls"

Quote Originally Posted by Groggy View Post
    Spooky, I am looking out the window at it right now
    Are your ear lobes stinging?
    Cliff.

Exclamation

G'day,

Flamin' red-claret cold! I would've used a cold smilie, but it was too flamin hard to use my cold fingers and find one.

I'd mow the grass but it's flamin cold, probably got thermafrost 6" down.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mac View Post
    I just checked the temperature inside a brick insulated kiln, in the Arts building, and its 14degreesCheers,
    G'day Andy Mac, do you think there'd be any live drawing going on today in the illustration class? Aah, days gone by when there was and you could tell the model was real cold.

Dunno how I could tell but.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au