Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is there enough room to turn the pan 90deg so it's parallel to the wall? You can get skew pans (side outlet) Might look odd but may possibly solve the problem. Like Silent said, there's a good chance you'll need to move the pipe in the floor anyway.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

What about how the old back yard loo's used to work. Have the cistern overhead. You could build it into a box up at the ceiling height and just have the flush pipe running down the wall. One way of getting a real good flush as well. Just run the overflow pipe into the flush pipe below the cistern

Thought of side on. but by the time you creat a bit of leg room to the wall side, then build in a new hob to support the cistern I might as well install an internal wall unit.

As for the old school public toilet sistern, it will require pulling down the wall to replumb water pipes, oh yeah and not to mention moving the window thats directly above the toilet. Theres a new thing called mainsflush system, which is similiar to the old school high cistern, but no cistern, the water comes from the ceiling through the wall cavity. Flush is powered by water straight from the mains. But once again the bloody window.

I can live with the 440mm as mentioned its not the worst case scenario, but as I mentioned in my orginal post, was only wondering if anyone else had this problem and solved it easily and cheaply... Ill just have to lay off the beers in my older years to stay thinnger than 440. haha!

Cheers

It doesn't help in this situation, but here is an idea for space/water saving for a tiny closet ensuite:
    Toilet Suite With Integrated Hand Basin

Great too bowls to aim for when I come home hammered.
    How could I possibly miss!!
    :snopee:

Quote Originally Posted by JustinMarando View Post
    Ill just have to lay off the beers in my older years to stay thinnger than 440.
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Keep looking! There must be a way!

We had similar issue and have just installed this one from Parisi which has an adjustable set-out for the waste and is just 600mm to the front from the wall.

It is a good quality ceramic and all solid fittings and is a 4star - 4.5/3L flush.

http://www.parisi.com.au/Bath_05/Bat...KII_suite.html

We paid $509 in Canberra at a discount place.

On advice from plumber mate and sales people we decided against the in-wall cistern design which would have gained about 150-180mm more space.

If anything goes wrong it is hell to fix - even washer changes are problematic. Leaks that occur might not be discovered until external damage is evident - a potentially costly result.

In Asian countries they have squats. Maybe not what you are after, but save heaps of room.

Cheers Bloss. I will look into that unit - exactly the help and response i was looking for. off on a dunny hunt with tape measure in hand this weekend. Its good to have a few brands to look out for. Nice looking unit too. I agree with you on the in-wall units. everything breaks/wears out eventually, and replacing a few washers or pieces is a hell of alot better that replacing a wall full of tiles to get to those washers.

squat toilet you say. hmm, been there, done that, not in my house... but thanks for the helpfull comment....
    :snopee:

Quote Originally Posted by peter_sm View Post
    In Asian countries they have squats. Maybe not what you are after, but save heaps of room.
    Just got to make sure you don't trip over the hole.