Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If it's this one: Cold Dead Hand with Jim Carrey from Jim Carrey, NickCorirossi, Charles Ingram, Funny Or Die, BoTown Sound, millsfx, Melissa Gould McNeely, and MattMazany

...it may not have been pulled down by the NRA, but by DCMA requests of the original hosting site (Funny Or Die) as they are a site that is very keen on, ahem, 'monetizing their content'.

My way of saying I beleive he is misguided

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    Not a very nice way to do that
    Every day is better than yesterday

Cheers
    SAISAY

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    Perhaps that's what you should have said then, and after you'd said that you could have qualified your statement with a justification. Otherwise they're just words on a screen without a context.
    It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

FenceFurniture is offline The prize lies beneath - hidden in full view

RV, I too had trouble getting the gist of Skew's reply, but I think that was a result of too much tongue is cheek making the words hard to understand. He knows more about Canada than you might think, having recently returned from spending 12 months there (and marrying a Canadian national).

China, I'm not quite sure what you meant either. I thought Mr B's post was pretty balanced, but I don't know if you think the laws are too soft or too hard when you say "midguided".
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY
    Jan-Feb 2019 Click to send me an email

China - you're not one of those greenies who want pest and feral animals culled, but don't want them shot, and can't suggest any other humane way of doing the job??

Or are you upset that you can't get the semi-automatic weapon of your dreams??

Don't leave us all hanging, please elaborate.....

Could people please play the ball rather than the man?

I'm just the oldest grandson of a homestead Canadian Farmer (1884). I have been shooting for less than 70 years. Only 50 years in competition. Less that 40 years membership in my local shooting club.

The deal here is, shooting & guns are a part of life. This isn't the city and no-one here gives a sweet rat's a$$. These things are like pencil & paper. Too ordinary to warrant any discussion. Gun dweebs "need" to talk calibre and loads. They can fill their boots. Around here, at 53N, the subject rarely ever comes up.
    Now, that's possibly because of my track records as a target shooter. I hoped it would all die like my professional Biology Professor career.

Believe me, once retired, nobody gives a darn. I was worried that I might be concerned that I had defined myself by my career and the formal employment.
    Yeah, I used to work. Big friggin' deal.

Exclamation

Was gonna say that the fellow is eligible for a Living Darwin Award

Seems pointless now!

I am not a greenie far from it, I have owned firearms all my life, and have been politicly active in the fight for gun owner rights in this country, I take issue when people say there is no place for semi automatic firearms, there are many sporting events that use semi auto firearms IPSC for one, it is not about the need it is about what you choose to own. The simple fact is firearms do not kill or harm anything people do. Banning or restricting the type of firearm I can or can not own will not solve anything.

Sooo, if you are a member of a shooting club, what's the problem?
    Do you resent that your weapons have to be registered?
    You certainly do not need a shotgun or a rapid fire attack weapon for sports shooting neither do you need a handgun.
    It is not the sane gun owners that are the problem, it is those who do not care about other people's safety who are.
    Such as keeping the weapon where a young child can get hold of the weapon and, because the parent is irresponsible, thinks a gun is a toy.

As an example I will tell you about an American friend I had.
    She kept a small loaded handgun in her handbag and told me she would not hesitate about using it if anyone came too close to her. She had had instructions to make sure she knew how to use it to kill. She was also racist so the implications were obvious.
    One of her children could easily have got hold of that gun and with mum's outlook, that could also easily have ended in tragedy.
    THAT IS INSANE.
    Every day is better than yesterday

Cheers
    SAISAY

FenceFurniture is offline The prize lies beneath - hidden in full view

Well, van Cleave is obviously not of the intellect that should be an advocate for anything, except perhaps higher intelligence. Maybe he should go into politics.

Apparently that was a comedy show, is that right? Sure am glad I haven't watched that show before, expecting that I might get a laugh.

Laugh? HA! I never thought I'd start.
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY
    Jan-Feb 2019 Click to send me an email

Quote Originally Posted by SAISAY View Post
    As an example I will tell you about an American friend I had.
    She kept a small loaded handgun in her handbag and told me she would not hesitate about using it if anyone came too close to her. She had had instructions to make sure she knew how to use it to kill. She was also racist so the implications were obvious.
    One of her children could easily have got hold of that gun and with mum's outlook, that could also easily have ended in tragedy.
    THAT IS INSANE.

Met plenty of australians that fit that description and a few that are much worse... Very thankful they can't get their grubby paws on any guns. The ironic thing about it though is getting the guns out of the hands of idiots here hasn't really brought the homicide rate down. In fact it didn't actually drop below the 1996 level for 7 years. I guess when someone here is determined to kill someone else they're not too fussed on whether they use hot lead or their bare hands...