Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the tip Cliff but I imagine it wouldn't work in Cairns since ya'll got such nice people an all. Where would you get the scumbags from??

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

vsquizz you might want to keep an eye on the link provided. It's of all the state housing homes going up for sale or auction. Most are fairly cheap for the area they are in. My friend bought one in collie for $47k

http://www.housing.wa.gov.au/LoadFra...s/database.htm

Might be a good way to purchase that investment property, and if its in your street, even better.

Cheers,
    Kylie

Thanks Kylie, Yes I am in deep negotiations with the Dept at the moment trying to purchase it, thats what I'm worried about (having a scumbag woodie owner next door who runs his Dust Extractor all night and noisy routers etc ).

Worse still if the fence comes down I have to pay for the whole lot:eek: .

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

if they were only there a week then they might not have been meant to be there at all. when i first moved to oz there was a party in a house nearby ... the police were called and it all calmed down ... only later when the owners of the house returned from holiday was it realised that the party was being held by people who'd broken in!!!

I thoroughly recommend finding noting the rental agent when neighbouring houses are let out ... and if you can get the name and address of the owner even better.

We had the family from hell move in a few doors away and the rental agent's attitude was "they always repair the broken windows so its all ok".

A bit of detective work revealed that the house was a reposession and owned by a bank who'd rented it out til the market picked up again. Further detective work got the name and phone number of a suitable person at the bank - who of course had not been told that there was a problem by the rental agent. Distributing this info to all of the neighbours meant that every Monday morning the lady at the bank had to field umpteen phonecalls of complaint. needless to say the tenancy wasn't renewed.
    no-one said on their death bed I wish I spent more time in the office!