Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi all

I will be laying a floating T & G 15mm bamboo floor in about 3 weeks and I will probably need to trim some boards. I thought I would use my jigsaw, then I do not have to mess about with guides etc, just mark clamp an cut.

Any reason why this was not suggested?

celeste

Personally, I find jig saws slower and harder to cut a straight line with.
    Don't force it, use a bigger hammer.

Timber is what you use. Wood is what you burn.

congratulations its all done, get a good floorsander in, best way to find one is to talk to a guality home builder and get his recomendation. Most builders will not put up with any crap from his own contractor and will have a high expectation. You can take advantage of this on your project.

Quote Originally Posted by celeste View Post
    Hi all

I will be laying a floating T & G 15mm bamboo floor in about 3 weeks and I will probably need to trim some boards. I thought I would use my jigsaw, then I do not have to mess about with guides etc, just mark clamp an cut.

Any reason why this was not suggested?

celeste
    Jig saws are fine if you are not confident in the begining and are afraid of the power saw, They are slower as someone just mentioned but thats ok, I used to have a guy that started with me , he was learning to instal floors, he had no experienceand with machinery and used a jig saw to do his long cuts. I allowed him to do this for the first couple of times and then he managed the makita. That young man now is one of the most talented installers i have , working on 10 million $ homes and getting rave reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry McCully View Post
    Jig saws are fine if you are not confident in the begining and are afraid of the power saw, They are slower as someone just mentioned but thats ok, I used to have a guy that started with me , he was learning to instal floors, he had no experienceand with machinery and used a jig saw to do his long cuts. I allowed him to do this for the first couple of times and then he managed the makita. That young man now is one of the most talented installers i have , working on 10 million $ homes and getting rave reviews.
    Hi Larry

thanks for that, I am not that good with the circular and can cut pretty straight with the jigsaw, a bit slow tho. with the floor I prefer slow and straight. I practice with he circular free hand on the mdf I am using to bring the floor levels up ready for the bamboo. I am getting better.

Slowly, slowly

Celeste

Celeste