Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Grain Man,

What specifically do you want to know? If you pose a direct question, it is much easier to be helpful. There are a lot of instrument makers in Australia that can offer you very specific guidance on these woods.

Timber Section

I have been trying repeatedly to find Waddywood on this forum for half a year. ln spite of all responses to my posts, absolutely nothing has materialized. I suspect that if someone tells you they have some (and they really do have some), someone else will buy it out from under you because it's a hassle to send it overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Runge View Post
    Hi Grain Man,

What specifically do you want to know? If you pose a direct question, it is much easier to be helpful. There are a lot of instrument makers in Australia that can offer you very specific guidance on these woods.

Timber Section

I have been trying repeatedly to find Waddywood on this forum for half a year. ln spite of all responses to my posts, absolutely nothing has materialized. I suspect that if someone tells you they have some (and they really do have some), someone else will buy it out from under you because it's a hassle to send it overseas.
    I actually did ask what I meant.

I'm basically wanting to do a neck, fretboard and bridge out of some of the extremely hard woods (note, not necessarily the same as densest, cocobolo for example).

Before it's all done, I suspect i'll probably do a few guitars or more, depending on how well it goes.

As far as the waddy wood goes, it wouldn't surprise me to never find the stuff and that's ok. There's plenty of hardwoods very close to it in hardness.

Runge, I had the chance to go through the list of woods in your last link. Nice stuff!
    And not far from Ohio, so shipping will be decent enough.

Hey does anyone know of a source for patagonian rosewood?
    It's also called curupay, curupau, kurupaya, cebil, and brazilian tiger.

That's one of those woods that no matter how many times i've googled it, or checked ebay, there's never anything other than flooring wood or some small knife scales.

WestPenn

Quote Originally Posted by Runge View Post
    WestPenn

Unfortunately, i've already contacted them in the past, and all they carry is 4/4 in the length I need.