Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgy
    You guys should all try Pilsner Urquell. Its a Czech beer from Pils (Doh - where they invented Pilsner).
    I have to agree that it's a fine beer and up there with my favorites.

At the mo however, my favorite beer is Grolsch.

Fosters, as Darren so rightly says, is p!ss and if they don't have that option I ain't voting.

Incidently, I reckon that Carlton Crown is just Fosters in a fancy brown bottle.

It used to be a good beer before it was bought out by CUB.
    Not anymore though.

OK, well if we're aiming for the sky, Hoegarten is a good drop (need some of those funny dots over the o). But if you want to feel like you head's been kicked in, get over to the Nelson and grab a pint or seven of Nelson's Blood. Aaaargh!!! Three Sheets is not bad, but it's only about 6.5% :eek:

The managers on a project I worked on once thought Crownies were top shelf, so they used to order one case of Crownies, two of VB, some light crap and a carton of Old. All the lads would dive on the crownies with glee and scoff them so no-one else could have them. I was happy because it diverted their attention from the real beer, the Tooheys Black!!
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    the real beer, the Tooheys Black!!
    Ah yes, now we're talking beer. It tastes so nice because it's an ale not a lager. My favourite beer in the world is the San Miguel from the Manilla brewery, officially rated as one of the best 3 beers in the world.

I am not fussy. You beers all taste the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by midge
    Lips that touch liquor shall never touch mine!

P
    That'll set AA back twenty years.

James Squire Pilsner is the best beer in Australia.

Also, like most other from Malt Shovel, Coopers Sparkling, Little Creatures (so bitter, yum), 500ml bottles of Grolsch, Beck (good for headaches too) and lots of others too.
    Photo Gallery

Well speaking of strong beers....

Years ago when I was young and stupid (as opposed to being old and stupid ) I used to have a taste for Carlsberg Elephant Beer. 7.5% or soemthing :eek:

Way too strong for me nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by craigb
    Well speaking of strong beers....

Years ago when I was young and stupid (as opposed to being old and stupid ) I used to have a taste for Carlsberg Elephant Beer. 7.5% or soemthing :eek:

Way too strong for me nowadays.
    Too right, it's deadly. Many moons ago I was SE Asia GM for a Danish construction company. The boss always drank Carlsberg when he visited, and one day he slipped me Elephant and laughed his head off when I got legless.

Most high alcohol beers are too sweet for my liking. Chimay the Belgian beer is 9% and far too sweet. The brewers have to add lots of sugar to the wort so all them yeasties can eat it and poo out lots of alcohol and burp lots of Co2
    Photo Gallery

one day he slipped me Elephant
    :eek:

I used to work with a guy whose party trick was "the white elephant". He used to turn his pockets inside out, unzip his fly, and hang it out.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    :eek:

I used to work with a guy whose party trick was "the white elephant". He used to turn his pockets inside out, unzip his fly, and hang it out.
    What was his name, Sluggo?

Quote Originally Posted by Termite
    What was his name, Sluggo?
    No, we used to call him Dumbo

I'm surprised nobody has mention Swan Light (0.9% wasn't it?) :eek:
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Fosters - ugh.

Stienlager...now there's a beer. Any of the Montieths are worth a go, esp. 'Black'. Cascade Pale Ale. Hahn Witbeer. Wiessbeir. Redback. James Squire Porter. Guinness anytime. Boags 'Seasons' range. Ahhhhh, beer.
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

Gentlemen Please!!!!!! :confused:

There are no bad beers it's just some are better than others

And frankly I'd drink it out of a sweaty arab camel drivers jockstrap if'n I was thirsty enough :eek:
    Perhaps it is better to be irresponsible and right, than to be responsible and wrong.
    Winston Churchill

Let all be honest, there's no bad beer it's just that some is better than others. Just like when there's no refrigeration, if you don't have to blow the steam off it, then its cold enough.