Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

just putting it out there. I am sorry Nifty I work on the 33rd of a city office block I ve got no idea of what is required with equipment reliability. I dont think 15 years of civil construction an mining experience counts for anything I dont think 4 years of trade training means any thing either.

I reckon all those things do account for something itsposs, "knowledge" We all drive the cars we do because they are offered to us with a warranty, we in our own minds believe them to have a reliable background so we buy them. Me im a "Cruiser man" and would love nothing more than to have my wife getting around in a new 200 series. However if Hyundai are gonna give me a 5 year warranty and free servicing for a year and my wife likes a new rig every 3 years then a TD santa fe will do just fine. Cars are machines too and its just how i look at it. I did look at the Peterson web site and was very fond of the ASM, looks like a great one man swingblade. But i cant justify 42k for amill that may only be used one day a week but 20k i can. And i dont know if Peterson are gonna catch the ball when i throw it to them, better the devil you know.

Default Hold the phone

It is with dismay that i may not be becoming brothers in arms with Sigidi and singing the praises of the green machine on the phone for hours with him and yes i did call him just the once, geez. I have walked in from work today to discover an email from Brian from woodmizer who has just returned from an international dealers meeting in the USA saying that they are releasing a large log break down saw. Portable bandsaw, 1500mm cut with a throat depth cut of 750mm. So it will slab em or bust big logs in half in one cutNow i reckon if i wish a bit harder i might win lotto

you were warned.

would like to see a 1.5m diameter log up on one of those WM trailers.

i think the trailer would end up 6' under.

www.carlweiss.com.au
    Mobile Sawmilling & Logging Service
    8" & 10" Lucas Mills, bobcat, 4wd tractor, 12 ton dozer, stihl saws.

I bet they would too Carl. This one sits on the ground on rails. Ive saved the photos emailed to me to attachments, i just gotta work out how to put em on here. Its basically a monster Forester. Reckon its gonna cost a tad more than a Lucas too

oh come on Nev, it wasn't that bad a phone call was it? I kept it under an hour didn't I?
    I love my Lucas!! ...just ask me!
    Allan.

Portable bandsaw, 1500mm cut with a throat depth cut of 750mm. So it will slab em or bust big logs in half in one cut

Good on you Nifty. Keep the faith.

Cheers
    Steve

No it wasnt that badder phone conversation Allan, i guess curiosity got the better of me and i had to tempt fate to see if there was proof in the pudding lol
    Stopper, would love to keep the faith, but at this point it looks like it comes out at twice the price of a Lucas and is 3 phase power only, even though it is portable. When the young bloke gets home from school ill get him to help me post the pics of the beast

would be really interested to see it . is it a cantilever or 4 post construction ? couldnt find it on their website . laidlaw had some wide ones in melbourne many years ago with mixed results . cheers Bob