Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Maybe FireFox "was" more secure but don't think it always will be. Its usually just a matter of time.

The Google Bar has a very good little pop-up blocker and it plugins into IE without any dramas.

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

I switched to Opera some time ago and have nothing but praise for it. It has popup blockers. site blockers and all manner of other good stuff. Try it and prepare to tell Micro$oft to get stuffed.
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

IE only sits there if you don't uninstall it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Willson
    I switched to Opera some time ago and have nothing but praise for it. It has popup blockers. site blockers and all manner of other good stuff. Try it and prepare to tell Micro$oft to get stuffed.
    So Bob, did you pay for it or do you run the adware version?

I tried Opera today... Thought I would give it another chance after the last three times I tried it and had constant crashes (I am a slow learner sometimes)
    Anywho, after install I only had to wait 10 minutes for it too start up every time it crashed and burned..

Now i'm on a pretty recent notebook (less then a year top of the line sort ofthing) and even firefox loads 3 times faster then opera..

That of course was the adware version I aint paying for a browser like that..
    Anywho am going back to IE perminently I just wish it was CSS/HTML/XHTML complient!!

craigb, I'm running the full version.
    It is ocassionally a little slow in starting up, but then so is IE sometimes. It runs about twice as fast as IE and doesn't suffer from all those horrible afflictions that IE has.

gemi_babe, It is NOT possible to uninstall IE. It will not let you do it.
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.